WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Public opinion as an apostolate. // America;2/7/1953, Vol. 88 Issue 19, p502
The author reflects on the role of the Catholic press in the life of the Church and the whole nation. It states that the Catholic press is one of the media concerned with what has been called the apostolate of public opinion that refers to the voice of the public. The author comments that in any...
- Drinan withdraws comments. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;05/23/97, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p6
Reports that Jesuit priest Fr. Robert F. Drinan has withdrawn comments he made when he said that although he opposed abortion, he believed President Bill Clinton was right to veto a bill that would have banned partial-birth abortions in the United States.
- Yourchurch July/August 2005 Reader Survey. // Your Church;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p37
Presents a survey designed to elicit the opinion of readers of the Catholic Church's periodical "Your Church" regarding the contents of the July 2005 issue. "From the Editor" column; "More from CTI" column; "Leadership Notes" column; Profile of ServiceU Corp.; Article on church chairs; Article...
- Errors galore. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;01/31/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p31
Presents collections of errors in some church publications in the United States.
- High court to hear religious-speech case. // Christian Century;11/16/94, Vol. 111 Issue 33, p1071
Focuses on a Supreme Court hearing to decide whether the University of Virginia should subsidize student-run religious publications. Emphasis on the concept of free speech and the separation of church and state; Right of students to evangelize.
- AST volume 9 issue 2 Cover and Back matter. // Journal of Anglican Studies;Nov2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, pb1
The article offers information on Cambridge University Press journals "Church History: Studies in Christianity and Culture" and Journal of "Anglican Studies."
- Pope says Catholic newspapers have 'irreplaceable' role. NORTON, JOHN // Our Sunday Visitor;12/12/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 33, p2
The author presents his views on a statement by Pope Benedict XVI, who said that Catholic newspapers play a role in helping Catholics form their consciences.
- Untitled. // America;2/25/1911, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p475
The article reviews the magazine "Messenger of the Sacred Heart" by Father McDonnell, S.J.
- Renew the Face of the Earth! Schultz, Valerie // America;01/08/2001, Vol. 184 Issue 1, p6
Comments on the solicitation from the Catholic magazine `Crisis,' that trashed Renew 2000, a faith-sharing program implemented in Catholic parishes. Views on the magazine; Details on the opposition against the implementation of Renew 2000.