- Implementing Affirmative Action Programs: Problems and Strategies. Bellone, Carl J.; Darling, Douglas H. // Public Personnel Management;1980, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p184
Focuses on the implementation of affirmative action programs. Definition of implementation; Effective in the implementation of action programs; Assumption of organizations on the responsibilities towards action programs; Steps in the implementation of the program.
- Can Minneapolis beef up its 'weak' affirmative action? Pratt, Anna // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;10/16/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the implication of the affirmative action (AA) policies concerning the international workforce and outside contractors of the Minnesota State Affirmative Action Association (MSAAA).
- CAA Celebrates 20th Anniversary. // Chinese American Forum;Jul1989, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p29
The article presents a reprint of the article "CAA Celebrates 20th Anniversary" which appeared in the May 19, 1989 issue of "Asian Week." The proceeds from the fundraising dinner of the Chinese for Affirmative Action's anniversary celebration will be used to support its civil rights activities,...
- NCA progresses toward its goals and objectives. Gaudino, Jim // Spectra;Jun1997, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p5
This article presents information on the activities of the National Communication Association (NCA) National Office (NO) which are related to the specific programs and goals identified by the governance bodies of the association from November 1996 to April 1997. Contacts unique with associations...
- EEO Award Inquiry Draws Positive Response. // Foreign Service Journal;May2006, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p2
The article reports on the negative reaction of American Foreign Service Association members to the call for nominations issued by the United States State Department for the Equal Employment Opportunity Award. The solicitation called for nominations that were limited to individuals who worked in...
- The "New" Placement Service. // Spectra;Aug1980, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p16
This article reports on the changes that will take place in the Speech Communication Association (SCA) Placement Service based on the result of the May meeting of the SCA Administrative Committee. The major change in the Service was the decision to discontinue coded listings as published in the...
- Affirmative-action PAC formed. Mead, Chris // Crain's Detroit Business;5/15/95, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p35
Reports on the creation of the Mobilization for Economic Opportunity, a political action committee in Detroit, Mich. which aims to fight wholesale attempts to dismantle affirmative action programs.
- SCA LC takes action on affirmative action. // Spectra;Jan1996, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p2
This article addresses the actions made by the Legislative Council of the Speech Communication Association (SCA) regarding affirmative action during the 1995 convention of the association. The Legislative Council placed the Chair of the Affirmative Action and Intercaucus Committee on the...
- SCA Legislative Council acts on busy agenda. Gaudino, James L. // Spectra;Jan1996, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p3
This article presents updates on the Legislative Council (LC) of the Speech Communication Association (SCA) as of January 1996. The SCA LC met during the convention and acted on a lengthy agenda, Sharon Ratliffe presided the meeting. Several of the actions taken by the LC involve complex issues...