WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Episcopal bishop slams release of document. // Christian Century;7/13/94, Vol. 111 Issue 21, p676
Reports on Episcopal Church Bishop Edmond Browning's rebuke to members of Episcopalians United for Revelation, Renewal and Reformation who released a copy of the controversial embargoed draft statement on sexuality. Changes made on the draft in succeeding drafts.
- Philadelphia bishop suspended pending Episcopal trial. // Christian Century;11/27/2007, Vol. 124 Issue 24, p15
The article reports on the disciplinary actions taken against the Episcopal bishop Charles Bennison of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in response to allegations of misconduct. Details are given outlining allegations against Bennison's brother John Bennison for sexual misconduct and the bishop's...
- Diocese committee asks bishop to resign. R.N.S. // Christian Century;12/10/97, Vol. 114 Issue 35, p1152
Focuses on the Episcopal Diocese of New Jersey's call for the resignation of Bishop Joe Morris Doss. Alleged sexual misbehavior of Doss; Rejection of the Wellness Committee's recommendations for the diocese to heal its relations with Doss.
- Bishops in Dallas: A remake of Frankenstein. Donovan, Gill // National Catholic Reporter;8/16/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 36, p10
Compares the bishops' creation of 'Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People' to the remaking of Frankenstein. Crisis of the clergy sex abuse in American church; Conference in Dallas on the need to rehabilitate bishops.
- New Panel to Address Bishops' Accountability on Sex Abuse. // America;10/14/2002, Vol. 187 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the established of a five-member committee by the president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops to address issues of bishops' accountability in clergy sexual abuse cases. Members of the committee.
- Dallas Catholics seek new bishop. // National Catholic Reporter;7/4/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 33, p7
Reports on the letter made by the Committee of Concerned Catholics seeking for a replacement of Dallas, Texas Bishop, Charles V. Grahmann following the prevalence of sex abuse scandals and leadership crisis in the area. Complaints made by the committee regarding the issue; Other signatories for...
- On child sex abuse, when will bishops get it? // National Catholic Reporter;08/15/97, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p24
Editorial. Comments on failure of bishops in the United States to address the sexual abuse of children by Catholic priests as seen in the record $119.6 million judgment against the Dallas diocese. Courage of Robert Williams to expose the heinous deeds of Rudolph Kos; Inaction of the diocese's...
- From Heresy to Sex, Experience to Principle: The Emerging Theology of Title IV. Hall, Gary R. // Anglican Theological Review;Winter2003, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p103
Focuses on the issues regarding the realities of sexual misconduct by clergy in the U.S. Disposition of the Episcopal Church about the issue; Victims of clergy sexual misconduct; Interpretation of the Anglicans about the roots of the problem.
- INSIDE NCR. Roberts, Tom // National Catholic Reporter;5/10/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p2
Introduces the articles published in the May 10, 2002 issue of the magazine 'National Catholic Reporter.' Reactions of auxiliary bishops on the sex abuse scandal; Description of a report on the bishops demanding a change in the ecumenical council; Contact information to obtain extra copies of...