The Planner's Y2K Cash Flow
- Cash flow a likely Y2K casualty. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;11/16/98, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p30
Discusses the potential impact of the year 2000 problem on the cash flow of healthcare organizations. Consequences of faulty information systems; Duties of executives and boards in addressing this problem. INSET: Legal audit.
- Currency crunch. JOOSS, RON // Credit Union Management;Dec98, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on the preparation of credit unions in the United States for the Year 2000-related cash demands. Simple calculations illuminating the potential cash needs of credit unions; Assurance made by the Federal Reserve; Advantages of a special committed line of credit.
- One Year Closer. Votava Jr., G. Joseph // Financial Planning;Jan1999, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p150
Emphasizes the need of the financial planning industry to face the challenge of the year 2000 computer date conversion problem. Impact of the volatility of the stock market to the relationship of investment advisers and clients; Plan of the International Association of Financial Planning and the...
- Newswatch. // Financial Planning;Dec98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p19
Presents news briefs on the financial planning industry in the United States as of December 1998. Efforts of the brokers and dealers to solve the year 2000 computer date conversion problem; Apartment room purchased by Martin Zweig of Avatar Associates; Meeting of the Institute of Certified...
- Y2K may cost U.S. $50 billion. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;05/04/98, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p2
Presents information on the amount of money that may be spent in the United States to counter the year 2000 date conversion problems. Indication of the $50 billion price tag on the remedies used; What impact the bug could have on the United States economy; Details on the possible worldwide cost...
- Tucson job growth accelerating. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;06/07/99, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the acceleration of employment growth in Tucson, Arizona, and the slowdown of job growth in Phoenix, Arizona. Factors behind Arizona's economic upturn; Impact of the Y2K problem on the state's economy.
- In GOOD TIMES and BAD. WALLACE, DAVID // Mortgage Banking;Feb99, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p64
Discusses how mortgage lenders can use smart marketing tactics and strategic positioning to overcome both good and bad economic times. Concerns that could affect the United States economy to the looming effects of the Year 2000 on computer networks; Ways to reach a customer segment that are needed.
- Insuring the millennium. Duffy, Daintry // Software Magazine;Jan98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p38
Focuses on the millennium insurance which is a weapon in the year 2000 (Y2K) date conversion arsenal. Announcement of programs by some insurance firms that specifically target the varied risks created by the millennium bug; Risk transfer options; Risk financing options; Cost of Y2K-specific...
- Protect yourself with a compliance warranty. Hepburn, Andy // Software Magazine;Jan98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p59
Presents why the year 2000 (Y2K) data conversion compliance warranty is advisable. How the warranty can protect one's business; Primary purpose of the year 2000 compliance warranty; Six elements of the definition `year 2000 compliant.'