WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Rhetoric, Religion, and Authority: Pentecostal Holiness Women Preachers Speaking Truth. WELCH, KRISTEN DAYLE // Priscilla Papers;Autumn2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p11
The article discusses the role of Pentecostal Christian women as far as the authority to speak, or preach, is concerned. It cites the exceptional permission given to women in the International Pentecostal Holiness Church (IPHC) to speak with authority starting as early as the late nineteenth...
- Worship Directory. // Graham Leader;6/15/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 87, p6A
No abstract available.
- Three Churches One Location in Minn. // New York Amsterdam News;9/4/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 37, p41
The article features the Lutheran, Baptist and Pentecostal churches in Coon Rapids, Minnesota. The Three Churches One Location are separate and autonomous Christian congregations sharing the same facilities in the area. They are said to be interdenominational, interracial and intergenerational....
- Mt. Carmel Church breaks tradition and names three female ministers. // New York Amsterdam News;12/31/98, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p32
Reports on Mount Carmel Baptist Church's ordination of three women in New York City. Positions of the ordained women; Religious leaders present during the ceremony.
- THE EARLY YEARS OF THE CHURCH OF GOD IN NORTHERN LUZON (1947-1953): A HISTORICAL AND THEOLOGICAL OVERVIEW. Benavidez, Doreen Alcoran // Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies;Jul2005, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p255
Discusses the introduction of the Church of God (COG) in Northern Luzon, Philippines in 1947. Pastors who are considered to be the pillars of the COG; Background on the incorporation of the COG into a formal organization and the acquirement of the right to solemnize marriage; Role of American...
- FROM HEALING TO COMMUNITY ORGANIZING: RECRUITING EVANGELICAL, HOLINESS AND PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES. Mott, Stephen; Tilleman, Walter // NACSW Convention Proceedings;2009, p1
The essay below illustrates the content of the workshop that we use in our recruiting work. In our NACSW workshop, we will discuss the strategy of our use of this material in seminars presented by Christians Supporting Community Organizing (CSCO); we are on the Leadership Team of CSCO. We will...
- SBC: Ordaining women up to local churches. // Christian Century;10/27/93, Vol. 110 Issue 30, p1045
Reports on the Southern Baptist Convention's (SBC) rejection of a measure that would allow expulsion of congregations for ordaining women. Barna Research Group's findings on the acceptability of women pastors to most Americans; Women ministers as a central issue of the conservative-moderate debate.
- LOST SYNAGOGUES OF NEW YORK. Levitt, Ellen // CJ: Voices of Conservative/Masorti Judaism;Spring2012, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p38
The article features the lost shuls or synagogues located in New York City. Among the lost shuls are the former Agudath Achim Bnei Jacob of East New York, the Jewish Center of University Heights, and the Jacob Schiff Jewish Centre. It claims that majority of the shuls have remained as houses of...
- Grand Saline Sun Devotional Page. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);6/1/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 22, p4
Presents a directory of churches at Grand Saline in Texas. Bible Baptist Church; First Church of the Nazarene; Central Pentecostal; Riverside Mission Church; Church of Jesus Christ; First United Methodist.