Irrevocable Trusts and Life Insurance: They Stand the Tests of Time, Part I
- Are Trust Protectors in Your Future? Dituri, Justin // Advisor Today;Jun2001, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p24
Discusses the flexible planning techniques in managing Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust or Gifting Trust. Opportunity in a gifting trust for wealth-transfer leveraging using life insurance; Role of the trust protector in the management of the trust; Powers a trust protector might be given over...
- Extended Coverage. Moses, Milton // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;1/5/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 41, p5
The article discusses the significant factors to consider in life insurance.
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts. Sobczak, Carol A.; Robbins, Lawrence A. // Franchising World;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p46
Discusses various aspects of irrevocable life insurance trust. How the trust works; Tax savings; Disadvantages; Persons who can act as trustees.
- Life insurance planning. Kramer, Eric M.; Kahn, Alan D.; Sonet, Richard H.; Colella, Frank G.; Lipoff, Lawrence M.; Landau, Jerome; McEvoy, James B.; Szerlip, Nathan H.; Jones, Lenore J.; Feit, Melvin I. // CPA Journal;Jan1999, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p65
Discusses the common techniques used in life insurance planning. Significance of the irrevocable life insurance trust (ILIT); How Family Limited Partnership (FLP) works; Comparison between ILIT and FLP.
- Irrevocable Trusts and Life Insurance: They Stand the Test of Time, Part II. Duff, Richard W. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug1999, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p34
Part II. Provides information on irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILIT). Benefits of ILIT; Details on the creative legal drafting for the beneficiaries; Importance of planning and ILIT-owned policy on wealth preservation.
- Defective Irrevocable Trusts. Dean, Greg // Advisor Today;Jun2000, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p56
Deals with the intentional use of defective language in establishing an irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILIT) in the United States in line with estate planning issues. Use of the tax provisions called the grantor trust rules; How intentional use of defective language can solve issues...
- Spousal ILITs Provide Access To Cash Value For Family Members. Zipse, Randy L. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/7/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p7
Reports that the irrevocable life insurance trust (ILIT) is the time-honored standard for estate planning concepts in the United States. Overview on the drafting of ILIT; Uses of life insurance.
- Paying Estate Taxes Easily and Efficiently. Zimmerman, George R. // Franchising World;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p50
Presents information irrevocable life insurance trust in the United States. General gift and estate taxation and transfer concept; Annual exclusion; Lifetime exemption; Use of irrevocable life insurance trust to pay estate taxes.
- The Survivorship Spousal ILIT. Jones, Lawrence T. // Advisor Today;Feb2000, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p42
Describes an estate planning tool called irrevocable life insurance trust (ILIT). Reason for the popularity of a Survivorship ILIT; How to design and create a Survivorship Spousal ILIT; Goals that can be accomplished by a properly drafted Survivorship Spousal ILIT.