WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Poverty and Affluence from the Perspective of the Development of Eating: Beyond Hunger and Obesity at Micro and Macro Levels. Tomoko, Hasegawa // Japanese Journal of Developmental Psychology;Dec2012, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p384
This paper examined the current circumstances of eating from an ecological perspective, and discussed poverty and overabundance of eating. At the macro level, it discussed poverty and obesity by describing global levels of poverty and hunger, and the over-abundance of food and obesity resulting...
- WHY and radio stations band together to fight hunger. // New York Amsterdam News;11/2/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 45, p30
The article presents information related to the partnership of the organization World Hunger Year (WHY) with New York-based radio stations to alleviate hunger and poverty. WHY will use radio to raise funds and awareness about the issues of hunger and poverty on November 18 and 21, 2006 and...
- Equity in every cup. // Canadian Nurse;Jun2006, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the support offered by the Canadian Nurses Association to fair trade and the Millennium Development Goals, which include reducing by the year 2015 the proportion of people living in poverty or hunger. Impact of poverty on health and well-being; Actions taken by the association in...
- 400,000 children. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1995, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the prevalence of poverty among Australian children. Study entitled `Profile of Young Australians--Facts, Figures and Issues'; Homelessness; Child abuse; Unemployment.
- Rise in low income Scots households. // Community Care;11/07/2002, Issue 1447, p9
Discusses the findings of a report released by the Child Poverty Action Group in Scotland in 2002 on the proportion of children in the country who live in low-income households. Percentage of poverty levels in Scotland; Scope of the report.
- Introduction to the special issue: Child poverty in Europe. Klocke, Andreas // Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Familienforschung - Journal of Familiy Research;2009, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p103
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Sabine Walper of the effects of material deprivation on the well-being of children and youth six years after, the prevalence of child poverty in Europe and political approaches on solving it by Jonathan Bradshaw...
- Poverty experts pull no punches. McMillan, Virginia // New Zealand Doctor;9/12/2012, p10
The article informs about the report "Solutions to Child Poverty in New Zealand: Issues and Options Paper for Consultation," issued by the government agency Children's Commissioner's expert advisory group in New Zealand, which provides insights into the depth of the country's child poverty.
- Child poverty in America: The worsening toll it exacts. Sherman, Arloc // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;1991 3rd Quarter, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p22
Provides information about child poverty in America. Status of child poverty rates in urban, suburban, and rural communities from 1960 to 1969; Forces fueling the growth of child poverty; Consequences of child poverty; Comparison of child poverty rates in United States with its allies and...
- Journal abstracts. // Social Security Bulletin;Spring95, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p91
Presents an abstract of the publication titled `Child Poverty in Sweden and the United States: The Effect of Social Transfers and Parental Labor Force Participation,' by Markus Jantti and Sheldon Danziger, published in the October 1994 issue of `Industrial and Labor Relations Review.'