WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- UCC approves `full communion' proposal. R.N.S. // Christian Century;07/16/97, Vol. 114 Issue 21, p651
Reports that the United Church of Christ has approved full communion with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and two other denominations in the Presbyterian and Reformed tradition. Joint celebration of Holy Communion; Sharing of ministers without merging the denominations.
- Lutheran merger & the loss of history. // Christian Century;1/2/85 - 1/9/85, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p18
The planned merger of 2/3 of the nation's Lutherans marks a pivotal time in American Lutheran history.
- Rocky road to merger. // Christian Century;4/30/86, Vol. 103 Issue 15, p433
Reports on the continuing debates concerning the merging of the Lutheran Church in America, the American Lutheran Church and the Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches. Problems for unity.
- Lutherans vote merger. // Christian Century;9/10/86 - 9/17/86, Vol. 103 Issue 30, p769
Discusses the proposed merger of the Lutheran Church in America, the American Lutheran Church and the Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches in America. Disagreements with terms of merger.
- ARE WE THERE YET? THE TASK AND FUNCTION OF FULL-COMMUNION COORDINATING COMMITTEES. Budde, Mitzi J. // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Winter2013, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p5
Most of the bilateral full-communion accords between Protestant denominations in the United States have established a bilateral national coordinating committee to encourage and oversee reception of the agreement. This essay explores the role of these coordinating committees in the implementation...
- God, In Your Grace, Transform The World. Wilson, Nancy L. // Whosoever;May/Jun2006, p34
The article presents the experience of the author in attending religious service in a Lutheran Church for participants in the World Council of Churches in Porto Alegre, Brazil. As it turns out, the church was planted by the Missouri Synod Lutheran Church, USA. The author was deeply impressed...
- THEOLOGIES OF CHURCH GOVERNMENT IN THE HUNGARIAN LUTHERAN CHURCH DURING COMMUNISM (1945-1990). Fabiny, Tibor // Religion in Eastern Europe;Aug2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p11
The article aims to introduce the history of the past five decades of the Hungarian Lutheran Church from a special perspective. Throughout her history Hungary has always been on the side of losers: the Tatars, the Turks, the Hapburgs, the Germans and the Russians have invaded this isolated...
- Defrocked disrupter. // Christian Century;9/10/86 - 9/17/86, Vol. 103 Issue 30, p769
Reports on Lutheran Church of America pastor Daniel Solberg's boisterous argument against the merger of the three Lutheran Churches to form the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- Ecumenical summer. Sheler, Jeffery L. // U.S. News & World Report;08/11/97, Vol. 123 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the efforts of five major Protestant denominations in the United States to work together to forge new ties. The connection of Evangelical Lutheran Church in America to the Episcopal Church; The linking of the Lutherans to the Presbyterian Church (USA), the United Church of Christ,...