- reader poll. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Oct2013, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p3
A graph is presented showing the results of a poll of readers of the publication on a question concerning the level of their emergency savings in preparation for a financial contingency such as loss of a job.
- Advice costs you, and saves you. Evarts, Eric C. // Christian Science Monitor;4/20/98, Vol. 90 Issue 100, pB1
Provides information about financial planners. Factors which push people to seek a financial planner; The benefits which planners can bring to one's finances; Why it is important to learn to do as much as possible in handling your own money; Nonprofit credit-counseling services; Books offering...
- Forward and Back. Asnes, Marion // Financial Planning;Sep2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p14
An introduction to the articles published in the magazine is presented including the suggestion on the hiring of a coach to tweak one's practice by Bob Veres, a discussion on the importance of urgency by Glenn Kautt, and "What Works Now," by Marie Swift.
- Planners group gives up fight over `fee only,' offers logo for a price. Van Allen, Peter // American Banker;5/20/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 96, p14
Reports on the National Association of Personal Finance Advisors' compromise trademark which is a recognizable icon with the letters `FO' for the term `fee only.' Use of the icon on stationery and other advertising; Company's filing for trademark protection in January 1997.
- Evaluating your client's debt position. Siegel, Joel G.; Grippo, Frank // National Public Accountant;Sep93, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p42
Advises accountants on the management of a client's personal debt. Aspect of personal financial planning; Client characteristics; Determining the maximum debt for a client; Tips for debt management; Determining the cost of credit in terms of an annual percentage rate (APR); Payment of loan...
- WORK & HEALTH. // Essence (Time Inc.);
Presents tips for finding the right financial planner. Factors that a planner should understand to be able to give quality advice; Services commonly offered by planners; Importance of verifying credentials.
- Generation Next. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Sep99, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p132
Suggests a marketing strategy for financial planners. Components of the strategy; Comments from financial planner Bill Matthews; Opportunity from the next generation of the clients.
- Your money manager. Rowley, Laura // Self;Jan2004, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p70
Presents answers to inquiries related to the employment of a financial planner in the U.S. Source of objectivity concerning money matters; Professional help about asset inventory and investment portfolio.
- Help! Get me a planner. Tyson, James L. // Christian Science Monitor;10/27/97, Vol. 89 Issue 232, pB7
Presents information on finding a financial planner. Concerns about possible abuse because of spotty regulation; The danger of conflicts of interest; Guidelines including references, education, compensation and others; Organizations which provide information about financial planners; First-rate...