- reader poll. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Oct2013, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p3
A graph is presented showing the results of a poll of readers of the publication on a question concerning the level of their emergency savings in preparation for a financial contingency such as loss of a job.
- Advice costs you, and saves you. Evarts, Eric C. // Christian Science Monitor;4/20/98, Vol. 90 Issue 100, pB1
Provides information about financial planners. Factors which push people to seek a financial planner; The benefits which planners can bring to one's finances; Why it is important to learn to do as much as possible in handling your own money; Nonprofit credit-counseling services; Books offering...
- Forward and Back. Asnes, Marion // Financial Planning;Sep2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p14
An introduction to the articles published in the magazine is presented including the suggestion on the hiring of a coach to tweak one's practice by Bob Veres, a discussion on the importance of urgency by Glenn Kautt, and "What Works Now," by Marie Swift.
- Planners group gives up fight over `fee only,' offers logo for a price. Van Allen, Peter // American Banker;5/20/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 96, p14
Reports on the National Association of Personal Finance Advisors' compromise trademark which is a recognizable icon with the letters `FO' for the term `fee only.' Use of the icon on stationery and other advertising; Company's filing for trademark protection in January 1997.
- Analyzing Clients' Feelings. // Practical Accountant;Feb2003, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p19
Reports on the view of people on their financial future. Impressions on various financial professionals; Comparison between the confidence of men and women on financial future.
- Evaluating your client's debt position. Siegel, Joel G.; Grippo, Frank // National Public Accountant;Sep93, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p42
Advises accountants on the management of a client's personal debt. Aspect of personal financial planning; Client characteristics; Determining the maximum debt for a client; Tips for debt management; Determining the cost of credit in terms of an annual percentage rate (APR); Payment of loan...
- Medal plan to grade IFAs by profit potential. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;11/15/2001, p1
Reports that independent financial advisers (IFA) are set to be ranked according to their profitability in terms of gold, silver or bronze, claims Cap Gemini Ernst & Young in Great Britain. Percentage of all business placed by IFA which comes from reinsurance; Functions of customer relationship...
- WORK & HEALTH. // Essence (Time Inc.);
Presents tips for finding the right financial planner. Factors that a planner should understand to be able to give quality advice; Services commonly offered by planners; Importance of verifying credentials.
- Generation Next. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Sep99, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p132
Suggests a marketing strategy for financial planners. Components of the strategy; Comments from financial planner Bill Matthews; Opportunity from the next generation of the clients.