Internet Highway Reportï¿½
- Is that cappuccino really worth $9,000? Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;8/4/2006, Vol. 83 Issue 15, p14
The article discusses the use of the coffee calculator at the web site www.hughchou.org to calculate how much a person in the U.S. can save by making coffee instead of buying one everyday. According to the calculator, giving up one $3 caramel latte coffee every workday and making a 25-cent cup...
- Website of the Month: SmartMoney's Tax Guide. Anders, Susan B. // CPA Journal;Mar2008, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p72
The article reviews the web site The SmartMoney.com Tax Guide, available at www.smartmoney.com/tax.
- Untitled. // Practical Accountant;Apr2002, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p16
Reports developments related to financial planning as of April 2002. Creation of a Web site of Golden Rule Insurance Company for long-term care financing options; Services offered by CitiStreet Consulting Services; Conservative investment choices of Sun Life Financial.
- Online personal finance. // DollarSense;Summer99, p3
Presents a few Web sites to consider when looking to find personal finance information online.
- APPENDIX: LIST OF HELPFUL WEBSITES. Butler, Tamsen // Complete Guide to Your Personal Finances Online: Step-by-Step In;2008, p271
An appendix of Web sites related to personal finance management is presented.
- THE FINANCIAL SERVICES ADVISER AS A GERIATRIC MEDICAL CONSULTANT. Cutler, Neal E. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jul2002, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p19
Financial service professionals provide services to aged clients on many clients. The research article contains information that may be taken from Web sites and some insights which may assist these professionals in their work with clients with Alzheimer's disease. The financial service...
- Online help for fund investors. // Consumer Reports;Mar2000, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p36
Evaluates a number of web sites which offer investment advice and information. Online resources for personal financial planning available from 401k Forum Inc. and Vanguard Group Inc.; Web sites which specialize in information on funds and investing and portfolio performance tracking. INSETS:...
- ReliaStar Betting On Finance-Phobic As Future Clients. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;3/21/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 55, p7
Focuses on the growth expectations of Reliastar Financial Corp. for its financial planning Web site. Aim to sell funds to Americans who lack any long-term financial plan; Site's efforts to build consumer loyalty through its education efforts.
- Mint Snatches $14 Million. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;8/13/2009, p2
This article reveals that San Francisco, California-based Mint.com has successfully secured 14 million U.S. dollars in a third round of funding for its personal finance site. The company, with the help of investors, was able to raise a total of 31 million U.S. dollars. According to Aaron Patzer...