A Better Mousetrapï¿½
- SECURITY LESSONS LEARNED THE HARD WAY. Souder, Dennis // Association Management;Sep2002, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p69
Discusses lessons learned by the author from the theft of several pieces of equipment in his organization's office in Toronto, Ontario. Things that the organization did wrong and right; Organization's maintenance of updated insurance coverage for office contents; Installation of a security...
- Remote Monitoring Is Remote Control. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2001, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p48
Focuses on the security method recommended by the King County Facility in Washington to solve the problem facing the sheriff department in relation to impounded vehicles. Technology recommended by the facility; Features of the system.
- Security Training Offered. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p36
Reports that companies have began to seek assistance in identifying their security vulnerabilities. Vulnerability assessments; Design of physical protection systems; Hands-on exercises.
- Warmer weather a boon to thieves. Weaver, Peter // Nation's Business;Jun94, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p78
Provides advice on home security. Prevalence of burglaries during summer; Preventive measures; Disadvantages of alarm systems; Security measures for cars; Profile of common burglars and auto thieves.
- Jeweller told to remove security shutters. // Planning (14672073);4/9/2010, Issue 1863, p18
The article reports on the issuance order for the removal of security shutters on a certain jeweller's shop Essex, England.
- Networking helps montreal police secure access. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2000, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on the networked access system installed by the Montreal Urban Community in 60 buildings throughout the Montreal, Quebec metropolitan area. Developer of the system; Features of the system; System advantages.
- On Your Own Terms. Pollack, Roy // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2014, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p123
A quiz concerning security systems, and security systems distributing and marketing including fire alarm systems, burglar alarm system, and service agreement is presented.
- Swing gates reveal sunet over Poole. // International Fire & Security Product News;Apr2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p37
Reports on the installation of a swing gate security system, automated with underground operators from FAAC, at Sunset Strip, a luxury house located in Poole, Dorset in England. Features of the security system.
- Five Minute Tech Quiz: Outdoor and Perimeter Protection. Pollack, Roy // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2012, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p104
A quiz concerning the protection devices for outdoor and perimeter is presented.