TEN YEARS AGO AT THE INSTITUTE
- Resolute about our resolutions. Rojeck, Rich // Financial Planning;Jan1998, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p156
Features the International Association For Financial Planning's renewed organizational commitment to financial planners and the public in 1998. Reeducation of the public on the value of financial planning.
- IAFP unveils new public awareness campaign logo. Friedman, Amy S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/13/97, Vol. 101 Issue 41, p39
Focuses on the International Association for Financial Planning (IAFP) campaign to build public awareness of financial planning. Statement made by Peggy Ruhlin, president of the IAFP; When the campaign will be released to the general public.
- IAFP asked to revert to designation neutrality. Friedman, Amy s. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/10/97, Vol. 101 Issue 45, p56
States that American College and the American Society of CLU and ChFC have asked the International Association for Financial Planning to return to its designation-neutral policy, so that financial planners may earn and use the Certified Financial Planner CFP designation. Information on a joint...
- IAFP referrals don't invoke solicitation rule. Murray, C. Christian // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/13/98, Vol. 102 Issue 28, p49
Reports that the International Association for Financial Planning has received a no-action letter, from the US Securities and Exchange Commission, stating that its planner referral program does not contravene the Solicitation Rule of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Background on the issue;...
- IAFP elects new board of directors. LaFauci, Maria J. // Financial Planning;Aug97, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p15
Reports that the International Association for Financial Planning has elected a new board of directors. Objectives of Richard Roject, who will assume the presidency; Election of Robert Barry and Roy Diliberto as vice presidents.
- Planners invited to join IAFP awareness campaign. LaFauci, Maria J. // Financial Planning;Nov97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the International Association for Financial Planning's (IAFP) public awareness campaign called `Planning Pays Off!' IAFP's call for financial planners to participate in the program; IAFP public relations manager Ragan Morrow on the program.
- A change in position, not in purpose. Rojeck, Rich // Financial Planning;Nov97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p210
Discusses the International Association for Financial Planning's (IAFP) endorsement of the Certified Financial Planner mark. Factors behind the IAFP's decision; IAFP's open forum stance; Meaning of `using the financial planning process'; IAFP's purpose of success for ethical and competent...
- Trade group stops certifying financial planners. Plasencia, William // American Banker;10/31/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 210, p10
Reports that the International Association for Financial Planning is stopping its certification of financial planners. Review of members of the association by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards.
- Consumers value financial advice... // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jul98, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p96
Reports on a survey conducted by the International Association for Financial Planning (IAFP) and Dalbar Inc. which found that 92 percent of Americans are appreciative of financial advice. Percentage of middle- to high-income consumers pay professionals for advice; Financial services most valued...