- Who Knows? // National Review;10/10/1986, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p18
Comments on the record fall in the Dow Jones industrial average. View that the drop may herald another depression; Protectionist measures being considered by the Congress that would reduce the standard of living.
- Back and Forth. Brown, Sandy // Adweek;9/20/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 35, p6
This article reports that the Dow Jones industrial average had a bumpy ride last week but managed to post modest gains on Friday, ending the week down slightly at 10,284, a .2 percent decline. Ford raised its third-quarter and year-long forecasts, propelling the market to gains on Friday along...
- Ratio Still Favours Gold Over Stocks. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/4/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p5
The article forecasts the ratio of the Dow Jones Industrial Average to the price of spot gold in the U.S. Gold has been rapidly gaining ground on U.S. equities since the ratio topped out at over 40 at the height of the dot.com bubble. It notes that with gold at around $920-930 per ounce, it...
- Inside the Dow. Murray, Dennis // Medical Economics;12/20/99, Vol. 76 Issue 24, p75
Focuses on the Dow Jones industrial average. Management of stock prices; History of the Dow Jones industrial average; Price-weighted index. INSET: The Dow 30.
- Here We Go Again. Carlson, Charles B. // DRIP Investor;Dec2000, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on the revamping of Dow Jones stock indexes. Plan of Dow Chemical to purchase Dow component Union Carbide; Integration of Intel to Dow; Elimination of Honeywell in Dow indexes.
- MARKET COMMENTARY. // Dow Theory Forecasts;3/11/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p3
Comments on the expected performance of the Dow Jones industrial average as of March 1, 2002. Ability of the industrial and transport sectors to rebound from corrections; Companies which are predicted to experience significant stock price recovery.
- Has the stock market grown more volatile? Laster, David; Cole, Kevin // Current Issues in Economics & Finance;Oct96, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p1
Analyzes large daily movements in the Dow Jones Industrial Average in 1996. Analysis of market volatility in recent years; Three measures of volatility; Frequency distribution of returns; Disentanglement of volatility from price level; Frequency of fifty-point days; Impact of a higher Dow on...
- Dow Jones index a bit tired for the 21st century economy. Bingham, John // Fort Worth Business Press;11/05/99, Vol. 12 Issue 28, p29
Reports on the expectations on the Dow Jones Industrial Average for the 21st century. History of Dow Jones averages; Concerns about the Dow Jones averages.
- Dow, S&P 500 set highs; banks post modest gains. Talley, Karen // American Banker;02/11/98, Vol. 163 Issue 28, p28
Comments on the performance of the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor 500 index on February 10, 1998. What the Dow Jones closed at; Comparison to August 6, 1997; Details on Standard & Poor; Insight on bank shares; Comments from key individuals; Highlights of the market; Details on...