A Sign of the Timesï¿½
- Analysts predict Ameritrade will consolidate its four brokerages. Weisul, Kimberly // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/25/97, Vol. 63 Issue 34, p7
Reports on the claims of some analysts that Ameritrade Holdings will likely consolidate its four online discount brokerages. Background on Ameritrade's Accutrade, K. Aufhauser, Ceres and broker brokerages; Installation of Accutrade and Ceres brokerages on America Online and Microsoft Investor;...
- AmeriTrade moves to consolidate separate units. Wasul, Kimberly // Investment Dealers' Digest;09/08/97, Vol. 63 Issue 36, p14
Reports on AmeriTrade Holding Corp.'s decision to consolidate its four separate units. Names of the company units; Comments of Forrester Research senior analyst Michael Gazala on the company's consolidation; Strategy to target individual niches within the discount brokerage market.
- AmeriTrade to dig deep to find ad dollars. Weisul, Kimberly // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/01/97, Vol. 63 Issue 48, p4
Reports on the financial status of AmeriTrade as of December 1997. Investment plans; Profit goals; Operating expenses; Budget for advertising campaign; Plan of increasing AmeriTrade's line of credit to augment advertising spending.
- Ameritrade recruits more marketing muscle. Weisul, Kimberly // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/19/98, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the decision of Ameritrade to recruit high-level marketing talent to help in its marketing and advertising efforts. Appointment of Peter Horst as strategic director of marketing and vice president; Horst's career background; Increase in the cost of acquiring on-line customers;...
- Ameritrade boast: Big ad budgets bring in the bacon. Weisul, Kimberly // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/02/98, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p11
Presents information on the Ameritrade Holdings corporation and its expenditure on advertising. Details on the results of the heavy spending; What plans the company has for its future advertising campaigns.
- Deep discounter Ameritrade unveils $20M ad campaign. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;10/9/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 195, p12
Reports on discount broker Ameritrade Inc.'s launch of an advertising campaign in October 1997 in an effort to lure more customers to deep-discount investing. Reduction of online trading fees for market orders; Selection of OgilvyOne Worldwide to develop the advertising concept; Difference of...
- Ameritrade seeks 400 employees by April, officials say. Rooda, Kelli // Business Press;03/05/99, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p3
Announces the plan of Ameritrade Holding Corp. to hire additional employees for its customer service center in Tarrant County, Texas. Types of available jobs; Recruitment of the applicants from universities; Provision of training by ProStaff.
- Datek Buy to Expand Ameritrade's Online Offerings. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;4/15/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p25
Reports the expansion on the Internet trading services of Ameritrade Inc. in the U.S. Description of the Internet offerings; Plans of the company to integrate the processing and clearing for the services; Difference between the products of Ameritrade and Datek company.
- Ameritrade Names Sales Execs. // American Banker;11/14/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 219, p11
Reports on the selection of employees for Aeritrade Holding Corp. Appointment of Jim Wangsness as vice president of the company; Responsibilities conferred on the regional sales directors.