WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- TOWARDS A THEOLOGY OF STORY (Book Review). Ferlita, Ernest // Theological Studies;Mar79, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p214
Reviews the book 'Towards a Theology of Story,' by John Navone.
- TELLERS OF THE WORD (Book Review). Chorpenning, Joseph F. // Theological Studies;Dec82, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p718
Reviews the book 'Tellers of the World,' by John Navone and Thomas Cooper.
- Religion and American popular culture: An introductory essay . Albanese, Catherine L. // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Winter96, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p733
Presents an introductory essay on religion and the American popular culture. Origin of the word popular; Correlation of religion with popular culture; Charles H. Long's notions of popular religion; Definitions of popular religion; Mediums used in transmitting culture from one generation to another.
- The subjective importance of being religious and its effect on health and morale 14 years later. Atchley, Robert C. // Journal of Aging Studies;Summer97, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p131
Presents a study which looked at the importance of being religious and its influence on health and psychological well-being over a 14-year period. How the goal of being religious relates with other measures of religiosity; Differences between persons who thought being a religious person was...
- Considering Customs: Taiwan. Chiang, Shelly // New Moon;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p17
Provides information on the population, religions, languages and culture in Taiwan.
- People. // Slovakia Country Review;2011, p136
The article presents an overview on the people of Slovakia with details on cultural demography, religion, and human development.
- The `Galapagos Islands' of religion. Coeyman, Marjorie // Christian Science Monitor;3/30/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 89, p15
Comments on the relationship between Christians and Jews that has evolved in Ethiopia.
- A General Introduction to Tibetan Culture and Religion. Gelek, Lobsang // Chinese Sociology & Anthropology;Summer2002, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on the Tibetan culture and religion. Size of the Tibetan population; Importance of Buddhism in Tibet, China; Lifestyle of Tibetan nomads; Features of Tibetan Buddhism.
- The church of baseball, the fetish of Coca-Cola, and the potlatch of rock'n'roll: Theoretical... Chidester, David // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Winter96, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p743
Analyzes religion in American popular culture using three theoretical models. Correlation of religion with the popularity of baseball as an American national pastime; Theoretical model of religion developed in Mark Pendergrast's `For God, Country, and Coca-Cola'; Ambivalent relations between...