WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Getting into His Mind. THOMPSON, CHARLES WILLIS // America;9/21/1929, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p560
The author explains the way a Protestant thinks about a Catholic and how he gets such perception. He discusses the assertion that to the Protestant mind, the Catholic does not belong to the Church, or to a church, or to anything which can be dignified with the name of the church, as what the...
- What is the Catholic view of Freemasonry? Schorn, Joel // U.S. Catholic;May2005, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p43
Explains the views of the Catholic Church on Freemasonry. Opportunities provided by Freemasonry to its members; Religious beliefs of Freemasons; Actions taken by the Vatican to condemn Freemasonry.
- God's healing hand. MANNION, FRANCIS // Our Sunday Visitor;6/14/2009, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p15
The article presents questions and answers related to the Catholic Church including the love of God and European Masonry.
- QUESTIONS OF THE DAY. DRUMMOND, LEWIS; Bacon, Robert; Collier, Wm. Miller; SWIFT, H. J.; ATTERIDGE, A. HILLIARD; HEIERMANN, F. // America;8/13/1910, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p455
The article covers issues of interest to the Catholic Church as of August 13, 1910. It mentions the controversies surrounding a pamphlet charging several nominal Catholics with being members of a French Masonic lodge in Montreal, Quebec. It cites the strong opposition in Great Britain to the...
- AsociaciÃ³n espiritual o masonerÃa catÃ³lica: la U. Solis, Yves // istor;verano2008, Vol. 9 Issue 33, p121
No abstract available.
- Why My Dog Is Not a Humanist. Vonnegut, Kurt // Humanist;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p24
This article presents the text of the acceptance speech by writer Kurt Vonnegut delivered to the American Humanist Association on May 1, 1992 in Portland, Oregon. Vonnegut accepts an award as Humanist of the Year and discusses why his dog Sandy did not qualify as a humanist, the anti-Catholic...
- Die Freimauer und die katholische Kirche. Vom geschichtlichen Ãœberblick zur geltenden Rechtslage. JENKINS, RONNY E. // Catholic Historical Review;Oct2010, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p753
A review of the book "Die Freimauer und die katholische Kirche: Vom geschichtlichen Ãœberblick zur geltenden Rechtslage," by Klaus Kottmann, as part of the Adnotationes in Ius Canonicum series, volume 45, is presented.
- The Catholic imagination of `Dogma.'. Greeley, Andrew M. // National Catholic Reporter;12/17/99, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p22
Comments on the motion picture `Dogma,' directed by Kevin Smith. Its religious implications; Observation on the movie.
- Religion of the Semites (Book). // Journal for the Study of the Old Testament;2003 Book List, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p138
Reviews the book "Religion of the Semites," by William Robertson Smith.