TO LIVE WELL
- AVERY CARDINAL DULLES. Christie, Robert C. // Catholic Theological Society of America Proceedings;2009, Vol. 64, p90
Information about the topics discussed during a session on the life and work of Avery Cardinal Dulles in the U.S. is presented. It suggests that Dulles was the most prominent Roman Catholic theologian in the country. The presentation made by Ann-Marie Kirmse of Fordham University focuses on the...
- Revisiting Models in Theology. Kroeger, James H. // Asia Journal of Theology;Oct2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p364
Examines the use of models in the study of theology. Importance of the models approach; Details on the theological models proposed by Cardinal Avery Dulles; Applications of the models approach within theology.
- Take and Read: Chart the Future with Beauty So Ancient and So New. Griffin, Emilie // Catholic Library World;Sep2006, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p15
The author reflects on the significance of reading to the future of Catholicism and the faith of the church. She states that converts to Catholicism attest to the role that reading has had in their faith journeys. She offers an overview of the book "Testimonial to Grace," by Avery Dulles.
- Former Anglicans Can Enrich Their New Church. // America;7/3/2006, Vol. 195 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the Anglican Use Conference that is held in the Diocese of Scranton from June 5 to 6, 2006. Theme of the conference; Subject of the keynote speech of Cardinal Avery Dulles; Topic that is discussed at the conference.
- Reason, Faith and Theology. Martin, James // America;03/05/2001, Vol. 184 Issue 7, p6
Profiles Catholic theologian Avery Dulles. Appointment of Dulles to the College of Cardinals by Pope John Paul II; Background of Dulles; His reputation; Books he wrote.
- Cardinal links vocations drop to Vatican II 'myth' // National Catholic Reporter;11/15/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p9
Informs that Jesuit Cardinal Avery Dulles attributed the cause of the crisis arising from sexual misconduct by clergy to improper understanding of the Second Vatican Council's teachings. Presentation of the contrast of myth and reality of the council; Emphasis on striking a balance in documents...
- OF MANY THINGS. Donohue, John W. // America;5/25/2009, Vol. 200 Issue 17, p2
The article profiles Cardinal Avery Dulles. Dulles is the son of John Foster Dulles, a Wall Street lawyer and Presbyterian layman. It mentions that Dulles has written an account of his catholic conversion in 1941 entitled "A Testimonial to Grace," while in service for the U.S. Navy in 1942-1946....
- Of Many Things. D. R. C. // America;5/4/1974, Vol. 130 Issue 17, preceding p337
Information about the topics discussed during the John Courtney Murray Forum at Lincoln Center of Fordham University in New York City on April 18, 1974 is presented. The event was designed to perpetuate the memory of the country's most distinguished and creative theologians by presenting...
- AVERY DULLES ON THE ENGAGEMENT OF CATHOLICISM WITH AMERICAN CULTURE. // Catholic Theological Society of America Proceedings;2010, Vol. 65, p97
The article offers two papers presented during a session which tackles the topic "Avery Dulles on the Engagement of Catholicism with American Culture." Anne-Marie Kirmse claimed in her paper that Avery Cardinal Dulles did not claim himself as prophet but a prophetic voice which can be heard in...