FORGETTING THE SOURCE AND SUMMIT
- Of Many Things. Reese, Thomas J. // America;01/22/2001-01/29/2001, Vol. 184 Issue 2, p2
Comments on the efforts showed by Pope John Paul II for the celebration of the Great Jubilee of the Year 2000. Notions about jubilee years celebrations; Effectiveness of the Pope to transform ancient practices for contemporary Christians; Theme of the celebration.
- It's Time for St. John XXIII. DIONNE, JR., E. J. // Moderate Voice;4/28/2011, p11
A blog on the saint-making process for Pope John Paul II in Vatican City is discussed.
- Proclamation vs. dialogue. Fox // National Catholic Reporter;12/03/99, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p12
Focuses on the reactions of people to the call of Pope John Paul II for the conversion of Asia to Christianity as proclaimed in New Delhi, India. Conflict between Hindus and Christians; Effect of the criticism on the call for conversion; Warning of the pope against the separation of the Holy...
- If Pope John Paul II can be a saint, really, anybody can. NORTON, JOHN // Our Sunday Visitor;5/15/2011, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p2
The author talks about Pope John Paul II and the possibility of him becoming a saint.
- In Azerbaijan, pope issues cry for peace. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;5/31/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p18
Reports on the visit of Pope John Paul II to the tiny Catholic community in Azerbaijan to spread the message of peace through religion. Other issues addressed by the Pope in Azerbaijan; Efforts made by the Pope to promote unity with orthodox Christians and Muslims in the region.
- Pope decries legal hurdles to conversion in India. Coday, Dennis // National Catholic Reporter;6/6/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 31, p8
Reports on the concern of Pope John Paul II to the legal difficulty for religious conversion in India. Deprivation of social assistance and family support to Christianity converts; View on the anti-conversion laws.
- Pope John Paul practiced self-mortification. // National Catholic Reporter;2/5/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the practice of self-mortification by Pope John Paul II in Vatican City.
- When to Forgive. Dulles, Avery // America;10/7/2002, Vol. 187 Issue 10, p6
Explores the concept of forgiveness. Inclusion of forgiveness in the pillars of Pope John Paul II's program for the church and the world; Christian's concept of forgiveness; Kinds of emotional reaction in the presence of evil; Types of forgiveness.
- Twenty-Five Years. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;10/10/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 43, p11
Reports on the legacy of Pope John Paul II in celebration of his 25th year of pontificate. Role in the transformation of Jewish-Christian relations; Enlightened approach to women; Criticism of social injustice.