WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- God and Evolution. Dulles, Avery Cardinal // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct2007, Issue 176, p19
The article discusses the relationship between the Catholic church and theories of scientific evolution. The author focuses on the work of former Pope John Paul II (JPII) leading up to his 1996 statement that human evolution is more than a mere hypothesis. The article also discusses...
- EL DIABLO: PODER QUE ENGA-A Y MATA, EN LA ENSE-ANZA DE LA IGLESIA. García Orso, S. J., Luis // Xipe Totek;abr-jun1992, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p83
El artÃculo habla del diablo y el rol oficial que ocupa dentro de la Iglesia. La enseÃ±anza de la Iglesia sobre el diablo nunca ha sido formal puesto que Ã©l no es un objeto de fÃ©, como Dios o Jesucristo. Como dijo el Papa Juan Pablo II, la acciÃ³n de los Ã¡ngeles, buenos o malos,...
- The pope, the press, and evolution. Neff, David // Christianity Today;01/06/97, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p18
Editorial. Comments on the media coverage of Pope John Paul II's views on evolution. Pope's call on scientists to follow where their researches led them; Argument by Walter Bradley and Charles Thaxton about biologically coded information; Evolutionists' promotion of their atheistic views;...
- Pope questioned. // New Scientist;7/23/2005, Vol. 187 Issue 2509, p5
The article focuses on the controversy over neo-Darwinian dogma. Three prominent US scientists have asked the new pope, Pope Benedict XVI, to clarify the Roman Catholic church's views on evolution, and to reject a piece in "The New York Times" by Austrian cardinal Christoph SchÃ¶nborn, a close...
- FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSESâ€¦. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jun/Jul2000, Issue 104, p81
Focuses on public reaction to the Catholic Church's public confession of the sins of her children over the centuries. Concerns raised by cardinals; Pope John Paul II's awareness of the risks involved; Sign of the Church's confidence in the forgiving and renewing grace of God in Christ;...
- The Papacy for an Ecumenical Age. Orsy, Ladislas // America;10/21/2000, Vol. 183 Issue 12, p9
Comments on the efforts of the Roman Catholic Church to find ways of exercising the papal ministry. Need for perpetual conversion; Challenges posed by Pope John Paul II's request for perpetual conversion; Association between a universal church and particular churches; Appointment of Bishops;...
- Pope approves efforts to join with mainland bishops. Donovan, Gill // National Catholic Reporter;2/8/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p7
Reports on the approval of Pope John Paul II for efforts of Taiwanese bishops to reconcile with the divided mainland Chinese church. Benefits of the efforts for mutual understanding among the two churches; Pope's acceptance of the two state solution favored by Taiwan.
- If it's not infallible, is the pope not sure? Farrell, Michael J. // National Catholic Reporter;9/2/94, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p14
Focuses on miscellanea related to the Pope John Paul II and the Catholic Church. Includes comments on papal letter on ordination of women as priests; Infallibility of the pope; San Diego, California `News Notes' newspaper's articles on the pope.
- Austria's `sacred experiment' renews momentum for change. DALEY, DAN; DALEY, SHEILA // National Catholic Reporter;12/11/98, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p22
Presents information on the blessing made by Pope John Paul II on the 1998 Dialogue for Austria, an official gathering of the Austrian Catholic Church. Topics of the resolution passed by the Dialogue for Austria; Comments from Cardinal John Dearden, head of the 1976 Call to Action program.