WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Trust Busters. Esolen, Anthony // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p3
The author reflects on the concept of trust and its role in the society. He states that there can be no genuine society without trust. He mentions that there are broken windows in the society in which the authority neglect or refuse to fix. In connection, the author also states about the failure...
- LA NATURALEZA CLERICAL, LAICAL Y Â«MIXTAÂ» DE LOS INSTITUTOS RELIGIOSOS A PARTIR DEL CIC 83. Noguchi, Takayoshi // Cuadernos Doctorales: Excerpta et Dissertationibus in Iure Canon;2003/2004, Issue 20, p195
No abstract available.
- Over 250 religious, civil rights groups back Calif. marriage equality. // Empty Closet;Feb2006, Issue 387, p4A
Reports on the call from religious and civil rights organizations for the California Court of Appeals to abolish state laws that deny same-sex marriage in amicus briefs filed on January 9, 2006. Details of requests outlined in the brief; Participation of the United Church of Christ and the...
- The Terrifying Gift. Scalia, Elizabeth // Catholic Answer;May/Jun2016, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p38
The article presents the author's views on seeking out a spiritual director and mentions that she had issues for reaching out a priest for making face-to-face confessions. Topics include people having intimacy issues in disclosing their sins; author's fear of making visual and visible...
- Suing success. // Christianity Today;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p33
Deals with the lawsuits filed by Americans United for the Separation of Church and State against Iowa correctional officials, Prison Fellowship and its ministry, Inner Change Freedom Initiative. Claims of the lawsuits; Results of the Prison Fellowship programs for prisoners.
- Legal Lessons. // HR Specialist;Dec2010, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p6
The article offers legal news briefs in the labor sector in the U.S. including an employee's request to take a leave of absence and an issue regarding unpaid overtime.
- Editors' Note. // Appellate Practice Journal;Spring2010, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Richard A. Posner on appellate brief writing and another on the Supreme Court decision in Mohawk Industries v. Carpenter.
- Brief of the Attorney General of the State of Nebraska in Stenberg v. Carhart. // Issues in Law & Medicine;Summer2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
Presents the state Attorney General's brief arguing in favor of Nebraska's ban on partial-birth abortion (D&X). Constitutional and statutory provisions involved; Reasons why Nebraska's statute does not encompass the dilatation and extraction abortion procedures; Expressly stated purpose for...
- Worth Noting. GAJEWSKI, KAREN ANN // Humanist;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p48
Several world news briefs are presented about legal and ethical topics as of September 2013. The article looks at how the cashmere farming industry is threatening leopards' habitats in Asia and Mongolia, South Carolina's abolition of segregation policies for HIV-positive prisoners, as well as a...