WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Trust Busters. Esolen, Anthony // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p3
The author reflects on the concept of trust and its role in the society. He states that there can be no genuine society without trust. He mentions that there are broken windows in the society in which the authority neglect or refuse to fix. In connection, the author also states about the failure...
- Over 250 religious, civil rights groups back Calif. marriage equality. // Empty Closet;Feb2006, Issue 387, p4A
Reports on the call from religious and civil rights organizations for the California Court of Appeals to abolish state laws that deny same-sex marriage in amicus briefs filed on January 9, 2006. Details of requests outlined in the brief; Participation of the United Church of Christ and the...
- LA NATURALEZA CLERICAL, LAICAL Y Â«MIXTAÂ» DE LOS INSTITUTOS RELIGIOSOS A PARTIR DEL CIC 83. Noguchi, Takayoshi // Cuadernos Doctorales: Excerpta et Dissertationibus in Iure Canon;2003/2004, Issue 20, p195
No abstract available.
- The Terrifying Gift. Scalia, Elizabeth // Catholic Answer;May/Jun2016, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p38
The article presents the author's views on seeking out a spiritual director and mentions that she had issues for reaching out a priest for making face-to-face confessions. Topics include people having intimacy issues in disclosing their sins; author's fear of making visual and visible...
- LETTERS. Morris, Joan; Evans, Virgil; Survil, Bernard; Buckley, Francis J. // America;10/13/1973, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p257
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "An Argument for Women Priests," by Father Gerald O'Collins in the September 1, 1973 issue, "The Case for Amnesty," by Robert Delany in the September 1, 1973 issue and "What Age for First...
- The Need to Confess. O'DONNELL, JOHN // America;3/28/1981, Vol. 144 Issue 12, p252
The author calls on Catholics to frequently confess their sins. He notes that post-Vatican II Catholics are less preoccupied by guilt due to the rediscovery of the Gospel on God's love in the Eucharist as the center of Christian life. According to Saint John, those who refuse to confess their...
- Communist-Era Priest- Informers Should Confess. // America;9/25/2006, Vol. 195 Issue 8, p7
The article focuses on priest informers during the Communist rule in Poland. The sanctity of Church are based on the principles of reconciliation, forgiveness, and love. It has no place for revenge and humiliation. According to a report of the Polish bishops' conference, the priests-informers...
- Suing success. // Christianity Today;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p33
Deals with the lawsuits filed by Americans United for the Separation of Church and State against Iowa correctional officials, Prison Fellowship and its ministry, Inner Change Freedom Initiative. Claims of the lawsuits; Results of the Prison Fellowship programs for prisoners.
- Legal Lessons. // HR Specialist;Dec2010, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p6
The article offers legal news briefs in the labor sector in the U.S. including an employee's request to take a leave of absence and an issue regarding unpaid overtime.