WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Exhibition. // Catholic Historical Review;Apr2004, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p383
Presents information on the exhibition Voices for Tolerance in an Age of Persecution presented by Folger Institute from June 9, 2004 to October 30, 2004 in the U.S.
- Imprisoned evangelicals dispute accusations of terrorism. Alford, Deanne // Christianity Today;02/09/98, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p94
Reports on the plight of the evangelicals in Peru who were victimized by antiterrorism laws. Statistical data on the people in Peru who were convicted of terrorism; Founding of the Peace and Hope Association, the social relief arm of the evangelical alliance of Peru; Functions of Peace and...
- BRIEFS. // Christianity Today;Mar2005, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p23
Presents news briefs on issues related to Christianity as of March 2005. Policy approved by the school board of the Dover Area School District in Pennsylvania regarding problems with Darwin's Theory of Evolution; Information on the persecution of several Christian members of the Rema...
- Those first popes. Kelly, Joseph F. // Catholic East Texas;4/18/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p8
The article focuses on the earliest century popes and the rise of the papacy institution. It relates that papacy during the first, second and third centuries is not an intensive institution, but the popes have established themselves as upholders of Christianity. Persecutions from the Roman...
- Persecuted Christians today. Reapsome, James // Christian History;1990, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p37
Focuses on Christian persecution in the 1990s. Estimated number of martyrs in 1990; Increase in factors producing martyrdoms, including social and political unrest; Persecutions in the Soviet Union and Communist China; Other countries persecuting Christians.
- The suffering church. Lawton, Kim A. // Christianity Today;7/16/96, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p54
Focuses on the persecution being suffered by Christians in several countries. Features of Hussein Qambar Ali's conviction for apostasy in Kuwait; Other countries where Christians are persecuted; Comment by Nina Shea, director of Freedom House's Puebla Program on Religious Freedom; Factors have...
- Persecuting Christians. Rust, Michael // Insight on the News;05/05/97, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p10
Reveals the continuing persecution of Christians worldwide. Freedom from Religious Persecution Act sponsored by Republican Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, Representatives Frank Wolf of Virginia and Chris Smith of New Jersey; Sanctions to be faced by countries engaged in persecution if the...
- Sheep, wolves and doves. Volf, Miroslav // Christian Century;12/17/97, Vol. 114 Issue 36, p1198
Comments on an electronic mail communication about the International Day of Prayer for Persecuted Christians on November 16, 1997. Radio talk show about religious freedom and persecution; Martyrdom of the apostles; Inescapability of suffering; Demand placed on the persecuted.
- Open season on Christians? Sidey, K. // Christianity Today;4/23/90, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p34
Examines growing evidence of an anti-Christian bias in America. Examples of discrimination against Christians; Response of some Christian organizations that call for a Christian anti-defamation league; Opposing viewpoints on casting Christians in the role of a persecuted minority. INSET:...