WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Gay Lutheran pastors to join church roster. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/29/2010, Issue 1179, p9
The article reports that the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, of California, will add six of the pastors expelled earlier to its clergy roster at a service at St. Mark's Lutheran Church in San Francisco.
- ELCA and gay clergy. // Christian Century;7/26/89-8/2/89, Vol. 106 Issue 22, p680
Reports that the Lutheran Lesbian & Gay Ministry, a coalition of the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America), will open a congregation in the gay/lesbian community that will be staffed by homosexual pastors. Response of the ELCA; Possible disciplinary action.
- Openly lesbian and gay pastors now welcomed by Lutherans. Wareham, Hannah Clay // Bay Windows;9/3/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p1
The article reports that the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America voted to open their ministry to include partnered gay and lesbian pastors on August 19, 2009, at the church's national convention in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Lutherans reinstate gay minister couple. // Empty Closet;Jun2010, Issue 435, p4A
The article reports on the decision of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) to reinstate Pastor Bradley Schmeling and Pastor Darin Easler, who were discovered to have been in a committed, same-sex relationship and were eventually removed as ELCA ministers.
- ELCA splits over gay clergy. // Between the Lines (10807551);11/26/2009, Issue 1748, p19
The article reports that divisions over gay clergy may result in some members of the South Dakota-based Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) to separate from the organization.
- Outsider status ends for Castro church. Bajko, Matthew S. // Bay Area Reporter;2/24/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p3
The article focuses on the end of the separation of St. Francis Lutheran Church from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) after it was expelled from the national church on December 31, 1995 for its violation related to ordaining non-celibate lesbian and gay pastors.
- Catholics at Home. Nuechterlein, James // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;May1997, Issue 73, p7
Comments on the absence of committed orthodox teaching in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ECLA) in the U.S. History of the Lutheran Church; Implications of the teachings of the church on the doctrine of Original Sin; Problems associated with the authoritative teaching of the church.
- ELCA backs new diaconal ministry. // Christianity Today;10/4/93, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p46
Reports on the approval of the establishment of a `diaconal ministry' by delegates to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America Churchwide Assembly on August 29, 1993. Features of the ministry; Issue of ordination rites; Views by a group called The Network.
- A Contemporary Synthesis of St. Maximus' Theology: The Work of Fr. Dumitru StÄƒniloae. BERGER, Hieromonk Calinic // Revista Teologica;ian-mar2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p23
The study presents a contribution to the reception of St Maximus the Confessor in contemporary Orthodox theology. Through the analysis of Maximian inspiration of some chapters from the work of Father Dumitru StÄƒniloae (kenosis - in contrast to S. Bulgakov, the Logos doctrine, the divine...