WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Irish push back against Europe abortion ruling. Kelly, Michael // Our Sunday Visitor;1/16/2010, p6
The article reports that Irish pro-life activists are calling for the government to conduct a referendum for full legal protection to the unborn after the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) ruled the several Irishwomen were denied rights of abortion in Ireland.
- Pro-lifers can expect challenging years ahead. Shaw, Russell // Our Sunday Visitor;1/20/2013, Vol. 101 Issue 38, p4
The article focuses on the division that exist among Americans over the issue of abortion.
- Post-abortive women fight to give a voice to unborn. Graves, Jim // Our Sunday Visitor;1/16/2011, Vol. 99 Issue 38, p12
The article relates the stories of three post-abortive women from the U.S., namely, Tommie Romano, Christina Martinez, and Kathleen Eaton, who now fight against abortion.
- Ex-abortion clinic director offers insights into industry. Goniat, Maryann // Our Sunday Visitor;1/16/2011, Vol. 99 Issue 38, p10
The article presents insights into the abortion industry from Abby Johnson, former director at Planned Parenthood, who now volunteers with Coalition for Life.
- HOW I BECAME "PRO-LIFE" AT AGE 15. CARNEGIE, TAMMY // PRISM Magazine;Summer2013, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p21
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's being a pro-life advocate when she was 15 years old, after being raped, got pregnant and decided to get an abortion.
- Wisconsin Health Clinic May Become Site of Second-Trimester Abortions; Pro-Lifers Vow to Continue Fight. Townsend, Liz // National Right to Life News;Feb2009, Vol. 36 Issue 2, Special section p20
The article announces the decision of the University of Wisconsin (UW) Hospital and Clinics to bring abortions to the Madison Surgery Center. On February 4, 2009, the board of UW Hospital and Clinics made the decision following the retirement of longtime abortionist Dennis Christensen, the only...
- Family Secrets. Koestner, Carl // Commonweal;4/20/2007, Vol. 134 Issue 8, p31
The article narrates the story of a man who grew up in a Catholic orphanage and was adopted when he was eight. He recalls that he was not excited when he was adopted since he was content with the treatment he received in the orphanage. While studying at Officer Candidates School, he learned that...
- Chinese Activist Prosecuted for Opposing Forced Abortion. // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Sep2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p62
The article reports that legal activist Chen Guangcheng will be prosecuted on July 17, 2006 by the Communist government of China for opposing the country's one-child population control policy. Guangcheng has attempted to bring a lawsuit against officials in Linyi, China who were forcing women to...
- Pro-Lifer Jailed, Denied Health Care for Sending Abortion Images to Hospital. // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Sep2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p62
The article reports that pro-life activist Edward Atkinson was jailed and has been denied treatment for any condition that is not life-threatening for sending graphic pictures of mutilated and aborted babies to staff and officials at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Norfolk, England. According to...