- WHILE WE'RE AT IT. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1997, Issue 75, p83
Focuses on the acquittal of Episcopal Bishop Walter C. Righter after being tried for heresy for ordaining actively gay Barry Stopfel. Reason for ordaining Stopfel; Amount of Christmas offering given to Righter.
- New convertâ€¦. Frueh, Don // Christian Century;5/20/2008, Vol. 125 Issue 10, p45
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Call Waiting," by Lillian Daniel in the February 26, 2008 issue.
- Sinking into spring's beauty. Roberts, Thomas W. // National Catholic Reporter;4/21/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 25, p2
The article presents the author's appreciation of the spring season. It describes the beauty of nature during springtime and tells a story about sharing the experience with his blind dog. It also reflects on the election that will be done by the Episcopalians in San Francisco, California. It...
- Panel accuses Episcopal bishop of heresy. Lefevere, Patricia // National Catholic Reporter;3/22/96, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the accusations of heresy against Episcopalian Bishop Walter Righter. Details on the case against Righter; Ecumenical implications of the case; Righter's comments that leverage and power as the stakes of this case and homophobia and misogyny as the core of this case.
- Episcopalian panel urges caution on electing gay bishops. Eckstrom, Kevin // National Catholic Reporter;4/21/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 25, p6
The article discusses the Episcopalians' views in considering gays and lesbians as bishops. The issue arises because Episcopalians based in San Francisco, California will be electing their new bishop on May 6, 2006 which includes gay and lesbian candidates for the position. Episcopalian panel...
- Here followeth The Examination of the Lord Cobham. // Fifteenth Century Prose & Verse;1/1/1903, p18
The article presents an abridgement of the story about the examination and trial of Sir John Oldcastle before Canterbury, England's Bishop Thomas Arundell to correct the Lord Cobham regarding heresy. It states that the Lord Cobham saw all the malice and accusation of heresy against him that he...
- The gentlemen's club. Bawer, Bruce // Advocate;11/14/95, Issue 694, p120
Focuses on the Episcopal Church's first heresy trial involving retired bishop Walter C. Righter. Charges of ordaining a gay man, Barry Stopfel, as a deacon.
- Jury still out on homosexual ordination. Frame, Randy // Christianity Today;4/29/96, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p54
Reports on the United States Episcopal Church's nine-member court's delay in making a decision following the February 27, 1996 heresy hearing of retired bishop Walter Righter. Charges made against Righter regarding his decision to ordain Barry Stopfel, an openly practicing homosexual, as a...
- Procedural abyss. Sachs, William L. // Christian Century;6/19/96, Vol. 113 Issue 20, p644
Focuses on the implications of the decision by a Newark, New Jersey-based Episcopal Church court to dismiss charges against Bishop Walter Righter. Righter's ordination of a gay man who was openly living with another man; Arguments presented by Righter's lawyer Michael Rehill; Subjecting...