The End of Democracy? A Discussion Continued
- POLITICAL CONDITIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Equatorial Guinea;Apr2008, p5
This article explores the political conditions in the Republic of Equatorial Guinea. There was a deal of political party activity after Spain granted local autonomy to the country in 1963. Bubi and Fernandino parties on the island preferred separation from Rio Muni or a loose federation. It is...
- POLITICAL CONDITIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Equatorial Guinea;Jan2005, p8
Focuses on the political condition in Equatorial Guinea following the grant of local autonomy from Spain in 1963. Activities of the political parties in the country; Result of the 2004 parliamentary and municipal elections; Impact of corruption and a dysfunctional judicial system on the...
- DREPTUL LA PROPRIA IMAGINE, DREPT AL PERSONALITÄ‚Å¢II. Cristea, Bogdan // Romanian Review of Private Law / Revista Romana de Drept Privat;2013, Issue 1, p81
The new Civil Code adopted expressly by the romanian legislature govern the right to their own image, by including in the broader category of personality rights, but giving the relative autonomy by separate regulations. This right allows the holder to prohibit or prevent such reproduction, in...
- POLITICAL CONDITIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Equatorial Guinea;Apr2006, p5
Focuses on the factors that affect the political conditions of Equatorial Guinea. Local autonomy granted by Spain in 1963; Overview of political party activities; Outcome of the parliamentary and municipal election in April 2004.
- POLITICS & GOVERNMENT. // Baltic States Country Profile;2006, p6
After achieving independence from the Soviet Union, the Baltic countries undertook political and socio-economic restructuring. All three countries, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, adopted parliamentarian constitutions. In Estonia a single-chamber Parliament (Riigikogu) was elected under a system...
- Appendix: Kosovo. // Serbia & Montenegro Country Review;2013, p107
The article offers information on the Republic of Kosovo including it governance prior to 2008, its declaration of independence, and its judicial and legal system as of 2013.
- FOCUS ON. // National Review Bulletin;4/2/1968, Vol. 20 Issue 13, pB52
The article reports on the situation of the countries in East Europe. One observer states that Czechoslovakia has gone beyond the stage reached in Hungary. The nationalist hope for independence in Romania is controlled by an authoritarian party bureaucracy. The uprising in Poland is pure and...
- History. // Suriname Country Review;2011, p6
The article offers information on the political history in Suriname including the violent conflict between whites and native tribes, the independence from the Netherlands on November 25, 1975, and the formation of political parties after the autonomy period.
- THE HOUSE OF LORDS IN THE 1980s. Adonis, Andrew // Parliamentary Affairs;Jul88, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p380
The article provides information on the British House of Lords in the 1980s. It commands public and academic attention due to its heightened profile and widespread belief that made it evolved as an institution. It displayed fundamental changes both in form and character and offered clear...