The End of Democracy? A Discussion Continued
- United States: high court abortion victory. // Off Our Backs;Jun2000, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on the decision handed down by the United States Supreme Court on June 28, 2000 which struck down Nebraska's ban on dilation and extraction abortions. Issues not taken into account by the Nebraska law; Justices that voted on the issue.
- The Supreme Court 2000: A Symposium. Uhlmann, Michael M. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct2000, Issue 106, p34
Comments on the decision of five justices of the United States Supreme Court to grant their constitutional blessing to partial-birth abortion. Events leading to the decision; Facts concerning partial-birth abortion; Focus of concern on the pregnant woman's interest.
- Voter guide no guide at all. // Human Events;11/15/96, Vol. 52 Issue 43, p24
Reports on President Bill Clinton's answer to the question on partial-birth abortion sent by the U.S. Catholic Conference the weekend before the election. Signing of a bill barring third-trimester abortions; Appropriate exception for life or health; Psychological health as part of the exception.
- WHILE WE'RE AT IT. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct1996, Issue 66, p95
Reports on the view of Bishop James McHugh of Camden, New Jersey on the reaction of U.S. President Bill Clinton to Bob Dole's criticism of his veto of the partial-birth abortion ban. Statement issued by McHugh with regard to the vetoing of the partial-birth abortion ban; Opinion of McHugh on ...
- THE WEEK. // National Review;4/12/1993, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p10
The article comments on various topics about U.S. politics and government, as of April 1993. With respect to the nomination of the successor of Byron White, associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, the author states that the Republican party seems to have no chance of defeating the...
- High Court Decisions Mixed for States. Savage, David G. // State Legislatures;Sep2000, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p32
Assesses the 1999-2000 United States Supreme Court term based on states' perspective on its decisions on several issues. How the court struggled to decide how or whether the government can provide tax support for parochial schools; Court's opinion on the case Santa Fe Independent School...
- WAILING FROM THE PRO-ABORTION IVORY TOWERS. Franz, Wanda // National Right to Life News;May2007, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses the misgivings of pro-abortionists to the April 18, 2007 U.S. Supreme Court (SC) ruling which banned the partial-birth abortion procedure. The article reports that the ruling was opposed by SC pro-abortion majority saying it contravenes women's rights to reproductive health...
- Courts to Reconsider State Partial-Birth Abortion Bans. Townsend, Liz // National Right to Life News;May2007, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Supreme Court (SC) order for two appeals courts to reconsider their ruling against the partial-birth abortion ban. The order was issued in April 2007 in light of the SC decision in Gonzales v. Carhart. The SC ordered the appeals courts in Virginia and Missouri to...
- A Week in June. Doerr, Edd // Humanist;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p38
Ponders the decisions of the United States Supreme Court on the issues church-state separation, religious liberty and reproductive freedom. Ruling of the court on the case Santa Fe Independent School District versus Doe which deals with school-sponsored, student prayers; Decision on the case...