WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Female-assigned genetic males with severe hypospadias: Psychosocial changes and psychosexual treatment. Nerli, R. B.; Kamat, S. M.; Ravish, I. R. // Indian Journal of Urology;Jan-Mar2006, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p42
INTRODUCTION: Disorders such as severe hypospadias presenting as ambiguous genitalia have serious and potentially life-long consequences for affected individuals and, depending on the underlying cause, are likely to entail surgery in childhood and in later life, psychosocial and psychosexual...
- What do these women have in common? Brown, Mackenzie // Marie Claire (US Edition);Nov2004, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p152
The article focuses on four women whose physical appearance has changed. One of them was a man and underwent a sexual-reassignment surgery to become a woman. Another woman was anorexic when she was in school. Finally she realized that if being thin was her only goal, then she would never succeed...
- Gender Identity, Cross-Dressing and Gender Reassignment and People with Learning Disabilities. Wilson, Daniel // Learning Disability Review;Apr2006, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p4
This paper addresses the question of gender and identity in relation to a number of considerations for supporting men with learning disabilities who cross-dress (wearing the clothes of the opposite sex), or want gender reassignment (accessing hormonal and surgical treatment to develop the...
- Gender Identity, Cross-Dressing and Gender Reassignment and People with Learning Disabilities. Alexander, Natasha // Learning Disability Review;Apr2006, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p12
The inspiring article by Daniel Wilson describes many of the issues central to working with men with learning disabilities who have gender identity needs, and highlights key areas on which learning disability services need to focus. I work as a clinical psychologist in a community learning...
- ASK JACK. // Gay Times (09506101);Dec2005, Issue 327, p106
The article offers advice to gay men on dealing with their personal problems. It presents suggestions to a gay suffering from credit card debt. Advice is also given to a gay man who has been thinking of undergoing a sex change. It offers advice to a gay man who is worried about the size of his...
- Unnatural Acts. Conroy, Melissa // Whosoever;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p11
The author responds to articles about homosexuality treated as unnatural acts by Islam and Christianity, one refers to a gay man whose body was disinterred in Senegal and another about a court ruling that allowed a biologically female teenager to have her breast removed in Australia. The first...
- BE LIKE OTHERS. Koehler, Robert // Variety;2/11/2008, Vol. 409 Issue 12, p45
The article reviews the documentary motion picture "Be Like Others," directed and narrated by Tanaz Eshaghian.
- DELAWARE. // Advocate;10/22/91, Issue 588, p26
Reports that former Continental Airlines pilot Jessica Stearns, who was fired a month before having a sex-change operation, may sue the airline, according to federal bankruptcy judge Helen Balik.
- Transformed Before God. Anders, Charlie // Tikkun;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p59
Examines Jewish traditions in relation to the process of transitioning from one gender to another. Effect of genital reassignment surgery on sterilization for women; Precedent for accepting non-binary genders in Jewish life; Views of transgender Jews on Judaism's marriage and purity laws.