WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- BE KIND TO THE WORLD COUNCIL OF CHURCHES. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Dec1992, Issue 28, p72
Highlights the convention of the World Council of Churches (WCC) in Geneva, Switzerland. Issues relating to racism that were addressed during the convention; Position of Konrad Raiser, the appointed general secretary of WCC, regarding issues surrounding Christian unity; Criticisms against WCC...
- WCC: Millennium should boost ecumenical ties. Lefevere, Patricia // National Catholic Reporter;3/17/95, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p10
Focuses on World Council of Churches (WCC) general secretary Reverend Konrad Raiser's official visit to the Vatican on April 4-6, 1995. Efforts at bolstering the ecumenical agenda in Rome, Italy; Central task of the council.
- Two Chicago congregations look to ministry beyond church walls. SCHNEIDER, LAUREN; PARDO, TOM // Presbyterian Outlook;4/27/2015, Vol. 197 Issue 9, p28
The article discusses the key components about the ministry revealed by the Lake View and First Presbyterian congregations in Chicago, Illinois. Topics discussed include the strong focus of both the congregations on ministry beyond church walls, the choice of both congregations for the ignorance...
- Roman Catholics and the WCC. E.N.I. // Christian Century;9/27/95, Vol. 112 Issue 27, p882
Reports on the encouragement for the World Council of Church's (WCC) closer cooperation with the Roman Catholic Church by WCC Secretary General Konrad Raiser. Importance for the WCC to think of new models for global ecumenical movements; Raiser's statements on WCC's limitations of church...
- Why Half the People Joining Churches Choose the Mega Variety. Werner, Michael // Humanist;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p38
The author discusses the appeal of megachurches and how their methods of recruiting followers competes with the target population that is equally suited for humanism. Using the Chicago, Illinois megachurch the Willow Creek Church as an example, the author reflects on the need for a voice that is...
- WCC Ramadan Message. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p67
Focuses on the Ramadan message of Konrad Raiser, general secretary of the World Council of Churches to the Muslims. Rediscovery of spiritual bonds; Vulnerability of nations; Rejection of Christians on the negative perceptions on Muslims.
- Havana Holiday. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/08/99, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p35
Reports that Konrad Raiser, the head of the World Council of Churches, will make a five-day visit to Cuba in a demonstration of solidarity against the United States embargo and to check the situation of churches.
- Acting on Faith. Jacobson, Sharon // Empty Closet;Mar2005, Issue 377, p8B
Focuses on the efforts of the Interfaith Advocates for LGBT People to include GLBT people in congregations in Rochester, New York. Details of the faith initiative launched by The MOCHA Project, Inc.; Challenges faced by the organization in creating spaces for people of all faiths; Information...
- Parliament as conversation that gets things done. Hamilton, Andrew // Eureka Street;12/4/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p7
The article focuses on the gathering of the Parliament of the World's Religions in Melbourne, Victoria. It explores the meaning of the organization's assembly which was associated with the Christian season of Advent and discusses the functions of the parliament. It recalls the connection of the...