WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- NOTES FOR CONTRIBUTORS. // Black Theology in Britain: A Journal of Contextual Praxis;May2002, Issue 8, p1
Presents the mechanics to article contributors of 'Black Theology.'
- The Lutherans. // Ebony;Jan1947, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p48
The article offers information on the Lutheran Church, which has a total of 80 million followers worldwide with 21,000 being African Americans.
- The issue of race: A search for biblical/theological perspective. Holder, John // Journal of Religious Thought;Winter92/Spring93, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p44
Discusses the theological aspects of the issue of race. Importance of the issue of race; Analysis of stories in the Bible which deals with the issue of race; Racism as a rejection of the truth of the story of creation; Need for Christians to reject racism and sexism.
- The myth of racial progress. Tapia, Andres // Christianity Today;10/4/93, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p16
Discusses the issue of racial division in American churches. Attempts to achieve multiracial harmony; Sentiments of African Americans; Reactions of white Americans; Economic aspect of African American life; White-black relations in the Christianity Today Institute; Opinions of African-American...
- A NEW BLACK HETEROSEXUAL MALE*. Hopkins, Dwight N. // Black Theology in Britain: A Journal of Contextual Praxis;May2002, Issue 8, p214
This paper asserts that Black men have a gender. This gender is often based on stereotypical notions that have affected the behaviour and identity of Black men. As a result of these unhelpful and distorted notions, Black men often strive toward, and usually enjoy male privileges over Black women...
- The Gospel of Division in the Church. Price, Frederick K. C. // Black Collegian;Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p134
Discusses the issue of racism and separatism in the Church confronting Afro-Americans in the United States with regards to the book `In Race, Religion and Racism.'
- Confronting white privilege. Roberts, Tom // National Catholic Reporter;3/21/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p24
An essay is presented on the association between racism and politics in the U.S. It offers an analysis on the role of skin color and race in captivating people to vote for a certain presidential candidate. It is notable that whiteness in a racist culture attains more respect and privilege while...
- The Closed Door Policy. Robbins, Kenneth // Southern Quarterly;Spring1996, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p66
Analyzes the issue of racism in the book 'The City of Churches.' Accounts of racism and disparity in religion during the 1960s; Discussion on racism in the U.S.
- A PLEA ON BEHALF ON EROS. Foster, David // Quadrant Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p20
Discusses the negative impact of European colonisation on the Stone Age natives such as the Canadian Innu and the Australian Aborigine. Cause of the new-found resolve to respect tribal culture through denying equality and fraternity and preferring to offer them liberty; Reasons for considering...