WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- A delicate balance. // Our Sunday Visitor;4/14/2013, Vol. 101 Issue 50, p23
The author comments on the need for the Catholic Church to address the challenge of opposing same-sex marriage while avoiding offending gay people.
- Fleshly Obsessions. // Guide;Jul2005, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p33
Focuses on the global issue of same-sex love and the intervention and opinion of the Catholic Church. Basis of the Catholic Church on its prohibition of same-sex love; Attitude of Pope Benedicts XVI's toward homosexuality; Condemnation by the Catholic Church on gay sexuality.
- When the Law Is a Crime. // America;3/10/2014, Vol. 210 Issue 8, p5
The author argues that the Catholic Church's support for traditional marriage should be accompanied by advocacy for the human rights and dignity of gay and lesbian people. Topics discussed include the introduction of laws that criminalize same-sex marriage and relationships, the growing number...
- Niggling nuptials. Garro, Julia // Xtra (Toronto);5/10/2007, Issue 588, p26
The article presents the author's comments on marriage. She stresses the arrogance in the belief that the Catholic Church is the arbiter that has the moral authority to bless a relationship. She believes that same-sex marriage laws would not change the fact that same-sex relationships would not...
- Canadian Anglicans affirm gay unions. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;6/10/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p10
Reports on the affirmation given by the Anglican Church of Canada to same-sex relationships. Reason behind the postponement of the voting on a proposal to bless gay unions according to Liberal Archbishop Andrew Hutchinson; Provinces in the country where full same-sex marriage is allowed.
- Rainbow Warriors. Galeano, Eduardo // New Internationalist;May2004, Issue 367, p5
Points out that rather than ask for forgiveness for the crimes committed during the Holy Inquisition, the Catholic Church is repeating its ancient curses. Launch of a global campaign by the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith against homosexual marriage; Declaration by Uruguay Archbishop...
- Bishops Approve Document on Same-Sex Unions. // America;11/24/2003, Vol. 189 Issue 17, p5
Focuses on the approval of "Between Man and Woman," a document on same-sex marriage, by the U.S. Catholic bishops on November 12, 2003. Opposition of the bishops to the legalization of gay marriages; Benefits sought by persons in homosexual unions that can already be obtained without regard to...
- GETTING TO KNOW OUR FAMILIES. // Empty Closet;Oct2006, Issue 395, p10B
The article reports on the statement of the New York State Catholic Conference representing the Roman Catholic bishops of the state in matters of public policy that it will oppose moves to legalize same-sex marriage or to grant equivalent status to non-marital relationships, and will support...
- Catholic Bishops of New Jersey. Witkowski, D'Anne // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/17/2009, Issue 1134, p25
In this article the author discusses the move of the Catholic bishops in New Jersey who are against same-sex marriage.