WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Would you like to know God better? // Christian Science Monitor;2/11/99, Vol. 91 Issue 53, p19
Suggests that wanting to feel close to God is natural and to come in contact with someone who is close to God, often makes one feel closer themselves. Offers advice for getting acquainted with God; Christian Science beliefs; Mention of Psalm 23 from the Bible.
- A Middle English verse sermon in the Winchester Anthology. Wilson, Edward // Notes & Queries;Mar99, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p17
Examines the Middle English verse sermon in the Winchester Anthology, on Psalm 23:3-4. Estimated date of the manuscript; Striking feature of the manuscript; Questions over the sermon's form of address; Reproduction of the manuscript.
- God: A Biography. Arkes, Hadley // National Review;8/14/1995, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p47
The article reviews the book "God: A Biography," by Jack Miles.
- World of Our Father. Kermode, Frank // New Republic;6/26/95, Vol. 212 Issue 26, p29
Reviews two books. "God: A Biography," by Jack Miles; "The Postmodern Bible."
- Rock of Ages. Francis, Joanna // National Review;5/3/1985, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p4
Reflects on the article "Ancient Gods and Cardboard Heroes," by Harold O.J. Brown regarding the decline of the American culture commending its view on living out of the Word of God and the article's treatment of the relationship between the arts and society.
- DEUS AMA? UM DIÃLOGO COM JACK MILES. Filho, Carlos Ribeiro Caldas // Fides Reformata;2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p127
Literary critic Jack Miles, in his best-seller God, a Biography, uses a different approach to the Bible text. Miles' book intends to present a "biography" of God. In this trial, Miles follows the canonical order of the Tanach, the Hebrew Bible. Miles presents a bold suggestion, when he...
- PASSAGES. // Christianity Today;Sep2007, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p18
This section offers news briefs on several notable people in religion. Harold O. J. Brown, professor of theology and philosophy at Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte, North Carolina, has died. Pastor Kojo Nana Obiri-Yeboah has been arrested after trying to clear an electric shock machine...
- Church of Breckenridge to host Vacation Bible School in July. // Breckenridge American;6/7/2008, p11
The article reports on a Vacation Bible School Sunday to be hosted by the Church of Breckenridge in Texas from July 6 to 10, 2008. It notes that the theme of the event is being a member of the Baseball Team of God. It cites that the games will start each day at 6 o' clock in the afternoon and...
- IN THIS CORNER. CARPENTER, MARJ // Presbyterian Outlook;3/31/2014, Vol. 196 Issue 7, p9
The article focuses on an incident during fifth grade Sunday school class in which one student thanked God for getting dinosaurs extinct.