WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Saints of Medieval HÃ³lar: A Statistical Survey of the Veneration of Saints in the Diocese. Cormack, Margaret // Peregrinations;Summer2011, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p7
The article presents an overview of the statistical survey of the veneration of saints in HÃ³lar Diocese in Iceland. It notes that the primary source of cults of saints in the country is found in church contracts called mÃ¡ldagar that holds detailed inventories of statues and lives of the...
- Book reviews: Arts & humanities. Froggatt, W. Alan // Library Journal;2/15/1995, Vol. 120 Issue 3, p160
Reviews the book `Saint Peter: A Biography,' by Michael Grant.
- Rock, Chief Rabbi, Majordomo. Hamm, Dennis // America;08/14/99, Vol. 181 Issue 4, p30
Reflects on the special name `Rock,' that Jesus gave his apostle Peter as written in the gospel of St. Matthew. Biblical roots of the word `rock'; Church as a temple and a household; Description of Peter's authority.
- SAINT PETER. Lewis, James R.; Oliver, Evelyn // Dream Encyclopedia;2009, p169
An encyclopedia entry about the apostle Peter and his dream is presented. Peter's vision is connected with a vision given to the God-fearing Roman centurion Cornelius, in which an angel told him that he was to send a servant to Jaffa to look for Peter and invite him to his house. When Peter...
- Stumbling Stone, Burning Heart, Living Sacrifice. Hamm, Dennis // America;08/14/99, Vol. 181 Issue 4, p31
Reflects on the Mass readings of the twenty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time. Meaning of Peter as a foundation stone becoming a stumbling block; Symbolism of the offering of bodies in the temple as written in the letter of Paul to the Romans.
- Being Made Clean: A Study of Acts. DeVine, Wanda // Whosoever;Sep/Oct98, pN.PAG
Presents several verses in the Bible which show that God treats everyone equally. Things that the apostle Peter, a Jew, could not eat, according to Leviticus 11:41-45; Event that shows the cleansing power of God in the book of Leviticus.
- The Acts of Peter, Gospel Literature, and the Ancient Novel (Book). Elliott, J.K. // Journal of Theological Studies;Apr2004, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p302
Reviews the book "The Acts of Peter, Gospel Literature, and the Ancient Novel. Rewriting the Past," by Christine Thomas.
- BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES OF DISCIPLESHIP: AN EXPOSITION OF SELECTED JESUS/PETER ENCOUNTERS IN THE GOSPELS. ZHEREBNENKOV, DMITRIY Y. // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2011, preceding p1
The life of Jesus has been the source of numerous books, articles, and abstracts. Scholars have frequently discussed Jesus' discipling methods and His shepherding techniques. Interestingly, in the books and articles that study Christ's ministry there are few works that focus specifically on the...
- La Iglesia de Cristo. LANGLEY, MYRTLE // ReligiÃ³n (9781405350570);2002, p50
No abstract available.