WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Entergy's 2nd annual community outreach at Yankee Stadium. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/16/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p20
The article discusses the events during the second annual community outreach of Entergy at Yankee Stadium, New York. During the occasion, six nonprofit groups throughout the Lower Hudson Valley have been chosen to receive free radio airtime to promote their excellent work. The six nonprofit...
- Congregations start own humanitarian agencies. Kapralos, Krista // Christian Century;7/27/2010, Vol. 127 Issue 15, p15
The article reports on trends within several U.S. Christian churches in 2010 to form their own humanitarian aid agencies in response to global disasters. The non-profit groups Zimele USA, Churches Helping Churches, and Northwest Community Relief and Development and others like them are profiled,...
- Shea Stadium seeks fire safety grand slam. // Buildings;Oct93, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the installation of pull alarms and smoke detectors at Shea Stadium. Home of the New York Mets; Move prompted by fire at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium.
- Fact summary: Stadium proposals. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/29/96, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p14
Presents information about stadium proposals in the Long Island area of New York. Suffolk Community College Board of Trustees disapproval of the proposed United Baseball League Stadium; Final plans for construction of the Multiple-Purpose Field House in Suffolk County; Plans for other stadiums...
- Building community around a ball park. Keegan, Theresa // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/21/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p23
The article focuses on the economic and social implications of the stadium in Ramapo, New York which will host the Boulder Minor League, as well as community gatherings including concerts, carnivals and flea markets in 2012.
- Stadium dedication. // Jet;09/08/97, Vol. 92 Issue 16, p65
Highlights the 1997 ribbon cutting ceremony for the Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York. Those in attendance; The playing of the US Open tennis tournament at the stadium.
- State's stadium pitch. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;10/4/93, Vol. 9 Issue 40, p34
Reports on New York state's plans for a stadium and parking garage to be built on the Long Island Rail Road. Site; Alex Cooper as architect.
- Providing a casual atmosphere for tennis. Sanicki, Jennifer L. // Stone World;Apr98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p174
Describes the architectural design of the luxury suites at the Arthur Ashe Stadium, in Flushing Meadows, New York. What was the architect's goal when he designed the suites; Texture of the materials used.
- Shea Stadium bound. // New York Amsterdam News;05/17/97, Vol. 88 Issue 20, p18
Presents a caption story relating to a group of students waiting for a bus to take them to the New York Mets baseball game at Shea Stadium in New York City. Who treated the youth to the game.