WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Bytes for Beginners. // NEA Today;Mar2001, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p33
Answers an inquiry on how to narrow down Web search results and improve Web site searching. Use of search engine software programs; Tips in searching for topics; Ways to modify search terms to focus results.
- URL Inclusion Programs: New Revenue Generator for Search Engines. Calishain, Tara // Searcher;Sep2002, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p70
Discusses the revenue potential of uniform resource location (URL) inclusion programs for search engines. Distinction between URL inclusion programs and pay-for-placement programs; Selection of such programs.
- Making sense of Web 2.0 pitches. // Public Relations Tactics;Nov2007, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p4
The article offers tips on how to pitch a story in the Web in the U.S. With so many online portals available, some find it difficult to pitch information in the web. The tips include determining the target audience, making sure the audience selected will be responsive to the message and figuring...
- On-site search helps users find their way. Shaw, Russell // B to B;04/30/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p17
Provides strategies and techniques for web marketers in providing web search engines in the United States. Characteristics of a successful local search function; Consideration for the under-the-hood technology used; Tips in presenting information in context.
- Secrets to being a Google king. Nallawalla, Ash // Australian Personal Computer;Jun2003, Issue 294, p146
The article provides guidelines on how webmasters can boost their Web site's prominence on the Web site Google's search engine results page (SERP). SERP positioning depends on a variety of factors, such as the viewer's location, the type of search used, the content of the page, their keyword...
- Smarter Search. Cho, Dan // Technology Review;Aug2005, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p84
The article discusses the study, Sampling Search-Engine Results, by A. Anagnostopoulos and colleagues, presented at the 14th International World Wide Web Conference in May 2005. Researchers at IBM have devised an algorithm that allows search programs to display a wider selection of categories by...
- Virtual Pathfinders: LiveBinders and LibGuides. FREDRICK, KATHY // School Library Monthly;Apr2013, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p24
The article takes a look at two tools that provide a format to curate, organize and share resouces in easy-to-use format namely the LiveBinders, a free Web tool with optional pricing for more storage and the LibGuides that provide templates and library branding in a tabbed format. LiveBinders is...
- Consumers will find answer with search websites. May, Kevin; Nelson, Paul // Travel Weekly (UK);1/5/2007, p24
The article offers a forecast on the use of travel search engines in 2007. Travel search or mete search sites are basically search engines without the clutter of everything else on the Internet influencing results. As a group they are all using various forms of cutting edge technology to improve...
- Sites seek to maximize the relevancy of the search engine. Goldsborough // Community College Week;11/29/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p21
Informs on Web sites that seek to maximize the relevancy of the search engine. Downplaying of technology in favor of the human touch; Sites that go against the grain of increasing mechanization; Suggested sites to delve more into Web searching itself.