WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Vertical search sites at a glance. // B to B;4/11/2005, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p22
The article presents details of vertical search sites. Legends for the chart includes name of the company, URL or Internet Domain name, phone numbers, marketplace and clients. A B C D E Business.com with web address as www.business.com has contact number (888) 441-4466. Marketplace of this...
- Bytes for Beginners. // NEA Today;Mar2001, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p33
Answers an inquiry on how to narrow down Web search results and improve Web site searching. Use of search engine software programs; Tips in searching for topics; Ways to modify search terms to focus results.
- Find Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime. Almost. Goldsborough, Reid // Community College Week;11/11/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p16
Presents information on several people-searching Web sites on the Internet. Classmates Online; Monster.com; ServiceMagic; Choicepoint.
- Search for advantage. Coffee, Peter // eWeek;6/5/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p50
The article focuses on Internet search engines and predicts that in the race between the search engines and the trash sites, trashers are the winners. The author looks back at the growth of the Internet to the growth and rise of New York's Manhattan Island. Both started as systems of addresses....
- Smarter Search. Cho, Dan // Technology Review;Aug2005, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p84
The article discusses the study, Sampling Search-Engine Results, by A. Anagnostopoulos and colleagues, presented at the 14th International World Wide Web Conference in May 2005. Researchers at IBM have devised an algorithm that allows search programs to display a wider selection of categories by...
- Virtual Pathfinders: LiveBinders and LibGuides. FREDRICK, KATHY // School Library Monthly;Apr2013, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p24
The article takes a look at two tools that provide a format to curate, organize and share resouces in easy-to-use format namely the LiveBinders, a free Web tool with optional pricing for more storage and the LibGuides that provide templates and library branding in a tabbed format. LiveBinders is...
- Sites seek to maximize the relevancy of the search engine. Goldsborough // Community College Week;11/29/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p21
Informs on Web sites that seek to maximize the relevancy of the search engine. Downplaying of technology in favor of the human touch; Sites that go against the grain of increasing mechanization; Suggested sites to delve more into Web searching itself.
- Smarter Web Searching Can Yield Better Results. Powell, Megan // Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p299
Presents tips on researching information on the Internet. Description of the Yahoo Web site; Discussion on Internet search engines; Commonly used search engine terms in browsing the Internet; Information on metasearch engine WebCrawler.
- FINDING SA. // Finance Week;2/14/2005, p48
This article presents information on South African consumers who are now spoilt for choice when searching local Web sites. A few weeks ago the launch of the Google search engine was widely reported and now with the launch of Microsoft Corp.'s MSN search (also with localised search capabilities)...