WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- PROTESTING SCHOOL CLOSINGS. // Education Week;6/9/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p4
Students and teachers from two Roman Catholic schools in Boston, Massachusetts, that are being closed at the end of this school year demonstrate on June 1 outside the chancery of the Boston Archdiocese.
- INVESTING IN FUTURES. Hannum, Kristen // U.S. Catholic;Feb2013, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p22
The article focuses on stewardship foundations or large-scale endowment funds across the U.S., including the Fulcrum Foundation in Seattle, Washington, that donate funds to students and Catholic schools in need of assistance. It notes the functions of these foundations, such as to transform the...
- Indicators. Dudley, Ben // American Enterprise;May2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p11
Evaluates the various sectors as of May 2006. Majority of U.S. students who attended private schools in Catholic institutions in the 1970s; Price difference of organic food crops from inorganic produce; Prediction of Christian growth in China and Africa.
- Schools lobby for funding. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;02/27/98, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p11
Focuses on the report that Maryland Federation of Catholic School Families lobbied their state legislators to add funding for nonreligious textbook and technology support budget. Budget proposed by Governor Parris Glendening; Comments of Ed Goodlander of the Federation.
- THE NECESSITY OF THE CATHOLIC SCHOOL IN AMERICA IN A TIME OF CULTURAL CRISIS: PROPOSITIONS AND PROPOSALS. Varacalli, Joseph A. // Catholic Social Science Review;2010, Vol. 15, p299
Without factoring in the possibility of some direct or mediated intervention "from above," the present sociological prospects for the Church, the Catholic school system, and American civilization are not particularly good. The only chance for our civilization lies with the possibility of a...
- DignityUSA Convention Recap. Williamson, Mateo // Quarterly Voice;2013 3rd Quarter, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
The article discusses the highlights of Dignity USA's 21st Biennial Convention held in Minneapolis, Minnesota on July 4-7, 2013. Topics included perspectives on the theme of justice, history of the Catholic tradition of the preferential option for the poor, and Asian American Lesbians and Gay...
- SHAREHOLDERS. // Commonweal;2/25/2011, Vol. 138 Issue 4, p4
The author comments on the article "Donors Demand a Bigger Voice in Catholic Schools," by Paul Vitello in the February 7, 2011 issue of "New York Times" on the influence of philanthropists who donate to Catholic schools.
- Identity, academic freedom go head-to-head at Catholic U. Feuerherd, Joe // National Catholic Reporter;10/15/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 44, p7
Reports on the demonstration of academic freedom of the students at the Catholic University of America in the U.S. Protest against the refusal to allow pro-abortion activist Stanley Tucci to speak at a forum on Italian film; Comments of the University's president Fr. David O'Connel against...
- Call for change. // Bay Windows;4/21/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p5
Presents photographs of a rally conducted by students at Boston College in Massachusetts on April 15, 2005 for the inclusion of sexual orientation into the Catholic school's nondiscrimination policy.