DIALOGUE AND DIVERSIONS
- A RABBI REFLECTS ON A YEAR OF INTERFAITH UNDERSTANDING. Schadick, Michael // Michigan Jewish History;Fall2013, Vol. 53 Issue 5774, p68
In this article, the author explains his experience participating in the 2012 Year of Interfaith Understanding, a series of events promoting interfaith knowledge and communication in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The program was organized by Grand Valley State University. He also reflects on his work...
- Evangelical Christian Views and Attitudes Towards Christianï¿½ Muslim Dialogue. Azumah, John // Transformation (02653788);Apr2012, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p128
Evangelicals have looked at interfaith dialogue with a degree of skepticism. To many of them it smacks of compromise and relativist universalization of Christianity. On their part, ï¿½liberal Christiansï¿½ appeared to Evangelical Christians to be intolerant of any sort of truth claims. A...
- Of Many Things. Christiansen, Drew // America;1/7/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 1, p2
The article looks into the letter "A Common Word Between Us and You" that addresses Pope Benedict XVI and other Christian leaders on the message of the love command. Written by Muslim leaders, the letter attempts to highlight the writers' effort to establish an agreement among Islamic scholars...
- All Monotheisms Are Not Alike. Guthrie, Stan // Christianity Today;Nov2008, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p71
The author gives advice to Christians on how to engage Muslims in a dialogue. According to Rick Love of Frontiers, Christians and Muslims worship the same God. He stresses the need for Christians to speak gently and respectfully in conducting a dialogue with Muslims and Christians should tell...
- Rambam's Historical Approach to the Laws of Conversion. Mejía, Juan // G'vanim;May2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
The article offers the author's insights regarding issues on religious conversion. Topics discussed include the validity of Judaism conversion, the Jewish laws, and the importance of behavioral and ideological transformation relative to religion. Other topics include the religious role of rabbis...
- endnotes. // Public Eye;Summer2015, p21
No abstract available.
- Agudath Israel celebrates a 90-year milestone. Ginsberg, Johanna // New Jersey Jewish News;5/17/2012, Vol. 66 Issue 20, p8
The article offers information on the celebration of 90th anniversary for Congregation Agudath Israel of West Essex, Caldwell of their very first building. It states that the congregation founded and established at Washburn Avenue, Caldwell by thirty families now expanded up to 940 families and...
- Book reviews. Cracknell, Kenneth // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Jan97, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p40
Reviews the book `Christianity and the Religions: A Biblical Theology of World Religions,' edited by Edward Rommen and Harold Netland.
- Dialogue at the mosque ... Ames Mann, Margaret // Christian Century;10/28/2015, Vol. 132 Issue 22, p6
A letter to the editor is presented that responds to the article "The Mosque Next Door" in the September 30, 2015 issue.