A DISRUPTION BUT NOT A RUPTURE
- Abortion's New Standard. // National Review;12/31/1995, Vol. 47 Issue 25, p12
The article discusses an article by Noemie Emery in "The Weekly Standard" about the wrongfulness of abortion and a plan to reduce its incidence through aggressive though voluntary and non-coercive means. The article is part of an effort to revise the Republican platform, which includes a Human...
- Emery's suggested abortion plank. // Human Events;12/29/95, Vol. 51 Issue 50, p7
Reports on the views of the Republican Party on abortion. Noemie Emery's suggestions regarding abortion; Implications of the shift in the point of view of the Republican Party; Winning streak of pro-life incumbents in various American states; Political prognosis.
- ALEXANDER HAMILTON (Book). Adams, Phoebe-Lou // Atlantic (02769077);Oct82, Vol. 250 Issue 4, p105
Reviews the book 'Alexander Hamilton,' by Noemie Emery.
- Washington (Book Review). Burr, Robert L. // Library Journal;8/1/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 14, p1622
Reviews the book 'Washington,' by Noemie Emery.
- Behind the Curtain. Lauder, Silvie // Transitions Online;1/31/2011, p4
No abstract available.
- Local Elections and Party Politics in Post-Reformasi Indonesia: A View from Yogyakarta. Nankyung Choi // Contemporary Southeast Asia: A Journal of International & Strate;Aug2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p280
This article examines elections for local executive heads in post-Soeharto Indonesia, particularly in relation to the reactivated and decentralized political corruption in democratic political institutions. "Money politics" -- a term preferred by many Indonesians, including scholars and even...
- Ethics take back seat to economy. Crabtree, Susan // Hill;7/22/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 84, p1
The article reports on issues regarding political ethics surrounding the U.S. Democratic and Republican parties.
- Editorial. // Advocate;10/6/76, Issue 200, p21
Editorial. Reports on issues related to gay rights in the U.S. Response of the U.S. Democratic Party to gay rights; Attitude of gays toward the U.S. Republican Party; Possibility of passage of a bill by the U.S. Congress, which will prohibit federal financing of abortions; Suggestion for gays...
- Goodbye, Democrats. Kavanaugh, John F. // America;10/7/2002, Vol. 187 Issue 10, p20
Discusses the position of Democrats on the issue of abortion in the U.S. Failure nomination of Texas Supreme Court Justice Priscilla Owen to the U.S. Court of Appeals for then Fifth Circuit; Democratic Party tradition of civil rights legislation, protection of laborers and fairer distribution...