CARDINAL FAULHABER ON THE COMING OF THE CHRIST CHILD
- This Week's Bible Study. Althouse, Lawrence W. // Farm & Dairy;12/25/2014, Vol. 101 Issue 14, pA31
The article offers the author's view on the ministry of Jesus Christ as a ministry of preaching, teaching, and healing.
- Perspectives from the Pew. Wehrheim, Carol // Clergy Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p34
Presents several printed insights from different personalities suitable for integrating into church preaching. Role of Jesus Christ as a model by Rick Ufford-Chase from September-October 2004 issue of "The Other Side"; Mission of Christians by Paul J. Wadell from "Becoming Friends: Worship,...
- We Are All God's people and What That Means for Christianity. Greshel, Dan // Whosoever;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p2
The article talks about Christianity and the meaning behind the pursuit of God. Christianity is said to be built around the ministry of Jesus Christ that preaches, among others, that all men and women were God's children. It states that Jesus did not preach with bias or racism, and it was only...
- The Ethics of Preaching on the Healing Miracles of Jesus. Yurs, Mark E. // Clergy Journal;Oct2008, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p12
The article discusses the meaning of faithful preaching on the healing miracles of Jesus. It states that preaching is to say something regarding people's living and God's good doings among people. It notes that preaching takes place when people have unanswered questions. Moreover, faithful...
- PREACHING THROUGH THE YEAR 2004-2005. // Clergy Journal;May/Jun2004, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p40
Presents a number of preaching ideas for 2004-2005. Ruffling Jesus' feathers in Luke 12:13-21; God's promise received by faith in Hebrews 11:1-3, 8-16; Worship in Hebrews 12:18-29; Striving and maneuvering in Luke 14:1,7-14; Cost of discipleship in Luke 14:25-33.
- Preaching Parables To The Postmodern. STILLER, Brian C. // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2002, p1
This thesis proposes preaching the parables of Jesus as a way of reaching an audience shaped and influenced by postmodernity. The task of the preacher is to understand the way the culture thinks and speaks so as to more effectively communicate God's truth. The postmodern shift over the past few...
- Christology in the Epistle of James. Baker, William R. // Evangelical Quarterly;Jan2002, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p47
Focuses on the influence of the Epistle of James for developing theology. Genre of Jewish wisdom literature; Source for discovering pastoral theology; Identification several understandings about Christ.
- Easter and Personal Change. CAMPION, OWEN F. // Priest;Feb2016, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p6
The author reflects on the 2016 Lent season and how people transformed by a personal vision of the risen Lord. He mentions the role of priests as the teachers and the sources of inspiration for the faithful particularly those in their pastoral ministries. He also notes the most profound...
- Christmas: When Justice Came to Earth: Weekend Bible Study. Wytsma, Ken // Men of Integrity;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p63
The article presents a discussion of Jesus Christ's public ministry, adapted from the book "Pursuing Justice" by Ken Wytsma.