LEO THE GREAT ON THE COMING OF THE CHRIST CHILD
- LÃ©on le Grand. Uhalde, Kevin // Catholic Historical Review;Oct2009, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p786
The article reviews the book "LÃ©on le Grand," by Philippe Henne.
- Tough Love: Loving Jesus-Real Living (Part 5 of 7). Hilton, C. Thomas // Clergy Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p12
Part V. Presents preaching and worship resources from the holy Bible. Criticism on the celebration of Christmas; Importance of Jesus Christ to have eternal life; Advice on achieving tough love.
- Leo the Great and the Spiritual Rebuilding of a Universal Rome. Latham, Jacob A. // Church History;Sep2010, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p685
The article reviews the book "Leo the Great and the Spiritual Rebuilding of a Universal Rome," by Susan Wessel.
- A Family of God's Chosen Ones. Stahel, Thomas H. // America;12/22/1973, Vol. 129 Issue 21, p493
The article presents the Second and Third Readings for the Sunday in the Octave of Christmas, the Feast of the Holy Family. The Gospel talks about the earliest activities of the human family that Jesus Christ joined. It conveys a message that love and generosity are learned as habits in the...
- Perspectives from the Pew. Figueroa, Sharilyn; Tutu, Desmond; Wuellner, Flora Slosson; Willimon, William H. // Clergy Journal;May/Jun2003, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p22
Presents insights concerning Jesus Christ and his preaching. Role of Jesus Christ as the Good Shepherd; Commandments of Jesus Christ; Pentecostal speech.
- The Year of the Priest--Opening Questions. Bossman, David M. // Biblical Theology Bulletin;May2010, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p66
The article discusses various topics published within the issue including the transmission and transmutation of Jesus' own preaching, meaning of time, and the historical foundations for priesthood.
- POPE LEO I ON POWER AND FAILURE. Uhalde, Kevin // Catholic Historical Review;Oct2009, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p671
Leo is known as one of the first and most forceful bishops of Rome to claim supremacy based on succession from St. Peter. The most important studies focus on how he expressed this supremacy, especially in letters addressed to other church and imperial officials. Leo was also a conscientious...
- The Meaning and Majesty of the Messiah: Giving thanks for Christmas. Curry, Jason // Tennessee Tribune;12/22/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p8B
The author talks about the meaning of the birth of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and expresses gratitude to majesty of the Messiah as well as thanks for the day celebrated as Christmas in December that is said to be the actual birthday of Christ.
- The centrality of Christ. Kavanaugh, John F. // America;12/17/1994, Vol. 171 Issue 19, p30
Presents insights about the centrality of Christ as shown in the readings for the Christmas 1994 and New Year's Day 1995 masses. Universality and significance of Christmas; Transformation of the Word of God into flesh; God's adoption of men to be his children.