On the Jews
- Bogart. Jesus. Annie Lennox. Sol Invictus! ALEXANDER, CHARLES // Between the Lines (10807551);12/23/2010, Issue 1851, p10
The article offers the history of Christianity and alteration of the belief regarding the date Jesus Christ was born.
- 'It is now the hourâ€¦'. Knoedel, Jerome // America;11/27/1965, Vol. 113 Issue 22, p666
The article explains the concept of time and its relevance in understanding the history of Christianity. It states that in order to fully understand Christian history a differentiation between chronos and kairos should be made. Measurable time and important moments in the history of salvation...
- Why Did He Die? Sheler, Jeffery L. // U.S. News & World Report;04/24/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 16, p50
Discusses the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and offers explanations as to why He had to die, in light of the observance of Good Friday around the world. Importance of Jesus' heritage as a Jew; Political nature of his crucifixion which was a death usually reserved for political insurrectionists;...
- A JEWISH RESPONSE TO GAVIN D'COSTA. Kessler, Edward // Theological Studies;Sep2012, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p614
The author suggests that Gavin D'Costa needs, first, to take seriously the history of the Christian contribution to Jewish suffering, which cannot be parenthesized as outside history, and, second, to reflect on the positive significance of the Jewish no to Jesus (Moltmann), since both Jews and...
- Jesus Through the Eyes of John Rawls. Meilaender, Gilbert // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Apr1993, Issue 32, p13
Criticizes the book "A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus," by John B. Meier. Depiction of Jesus in the book; Description of the family of Jesus; Belief that Meier used a political metaphor rather than a scientific method in framing his hypothesis in the book.
- The Message of Jesus in the African Church: A Theological Reflection in Acculturation. Madu, Jude Emeka // Asia Journal of Theology;Oct2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p283
Discusses the incorporation of the gospel of Jesus in the Nigerian church in Africa. Details of the historical situation of the Jews in the early church; Issue of marriage in Africa; Explanation on the issue of ancestors in Africa; Discussion of African dynamic spirituality.
- Raise your heads! Ryan, P.J. // America;11/19/1988, Vol. 159 Issue 15, p423
Meditates on the confrontation between the Jews and Romans at the time of Jesus Christ. The coming of the end of the world; Living in faith while facing death; Safety in God alone.
- The Greco Roman and Jewish Contributions to the Growth of Earliest Christianity. Ekeke, Emeka C. // American Journal of Social Issues & Humanities;Jan2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p30
The emergence of Christianity in the Greco-Roman world was one of the most outstanding things that happened in that era. It occurred at the most appropriate time in history, but was misunderstood and persecuted by those who eventually contributed to its growth and development. This paper...
- "WHOSE GOD IS THE TRUEST?". SHAPIRO, RABBI RAMI // Spirituality & Health;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p17
The article presents questions and answers related to spirituality, including the reason why Jews do not accept Jesus Christ as lord and savior, the truth to the common belief that psychedelic drugs can deepen spiritual awakening and why spirituality makes a person stronger rather than weaker.