WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- CHH now upsetting 'Aussie Unions.'. // Inwood;Sep/Oct2008, Issue 82, p6
The article reports that the Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union has criticized Carter Holt Harvey over its indifference to public opinion and unusual approach to human resource and stakeholders communication. In September 2008, union leaders in Australia were demanding the federal...
- Pilots' union offers managers alternative solutions to job cuts. // People Management;1/29/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p9
The article focuses on Rising to the Challenge, a toolkit developed by British Airline Pilots' Association (Balpa) to help its members engage sensibly with management over redundancy avoidance packages. Jim McAuslan, general secretary of Balpa, reveals that issues relating to avoiding...
- The Letter to the Bishop of Lille. Watt, Lewis // America;5/16/1931, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p131
The author points out the letter of the Sacred Congregation of the Council of the Bishop of Lille dated June 5, 1929 which tackles issues related to Catholic organizations. He points out that the most important of all is the solemn warning given to Catholics who are members of a professional...
- Don't complain - keep your job. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p5
States that workers are being dismissed every year for refusing to work in unsafe offices and factories because of the failure of the 1996 Employer Rights Act to stop their negligent bosses, according to a joint Trades Union Congress (TUC)/Hazards investigation in Great Britain. Overview of the...
- Employers can't exclude union job applicants. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/11/96, Vol. 16 Issue 52, p33
Focuses on the case concerning the dismissal by an employer of a worker who was also a union organizer. Background of the case; Features of the US Supreme Court decision in the case of `National Labor Relations Board v. Town & Country Electric'; Reasons for the ruling.
- Chile (Case No. 2555). // Official Bulletin: Series B;2008, Vol. 91 Issue 3 (351, 352), p172
The article presents information on a complaint by the National Association of Regional Officials of the National Youth Service (SENAME-ANFUR) about the dismissal of a trade union official by the National Youth Service in Chile.
- Colombia (Case No. 2583). // Official Bulletin: Series B;2008, Vol. 91 Issue 3 (351, 352), p176
The article presents information on a complaint by the National Union of Workers of Icollantas SA (SINTRAICOLLANTAS) and National Union of Workers of the Processing Industry of Rubber, Plastic, Polyethylene, Polyurethane, Parts and derivatives of these processes (SINTRAINCAPLA) which alleged...
- India (Case No. 1890). // Official Bulletin: Series B;2008, Vol. 91 Issue 3 (351, 352), p179
The article presents information on a complaint by the International Union of Food, Agricultural, Hotel, Restaurant, Catering, Tobacco and Allied Workers' Associations (IUF) about the dismissal and suspension of trade unionists in India.
- Colombia (Case No. 2356). // Official Bulletin: Series B;2008, Vol. 91 Issue 3 (351, 352), p235
The article offers information on the complaint filed by several labor unions in Colombia against the collective dismissal of trade union members and trade union leaders.