WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Rap foes on warpath again. Wharton, Dennis // Variety;6/03/96, Vol. 363 Issue 5, p17
Reports that anti-obscene rap music lyrics crusaders Empower America co-director William Bennett, Senator Joseph Lieberman, and activist C. Delores Tucker have urged compact disk manufacturers to halt delivery of such music. Companies targeted by the group; Details of a press conference held by...
- Anti-rap campaign to be directed at 5 major record labels. Holland, Bill // Billboard;6/08/96, Vol. 108 Issue 23, p8
Reports that senators Joe Lieberman and Sam Nunn have joined forces with Empower America and the National Political Congress of Black Women to launch a radio and letter-writing campaign aimed at pressuring major record companies to better control the sale to children of rap and rock music with...
- Doing the dunces. Grossberger, Lewis // MediaWeek;11/6/95, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p80
Comments on the crusade `Book of Virtues' author Bill Bennett and Senators Joe Lieberman and Sam Nunn against stupid television in the United States. Impossibility of getting rid of stupid television; Issues raised regarding the dumbing down of America; Importance of stupid television in the...
- Gunning for gangstas. Rogers, Patrick; Jones, Rochelle // People;6/26/95, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p105
Features political activist C. Delores Tucker and her campaign against the gangsta rap music. Impact of the music's violent lyrics on teenagers; Formation of the advocacy group Empower America; Production of commercials and writing of newspaper opinion pieces.
- Up against rap. Dobrzynski, Judith H. // Good Housekeeping;Oct95, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p30
Profiles C. DeLores Tucker, head of the bipartisan group National Political Congress of Black Women who joined Republican William Bennett in denouncing gangsta rap. Career profile; Fondness for turbans; Confrontation with Time Warner executives and rap stars.
- Turning up the volume on `gangsta rap' debate. Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;8/18/95, Vol. 87 Issue 185, p1
Focuses on the debate over the social implications of `gangsta rap.' Role of Time Warner in the fight against gangsta rap; Activism of C. DeLores Tucker and William Bennett in their war against gangsta rap; Effect of the rap on the society; Supporter's comments on the removal of gangsta rap.
- Discrimination by Senator Joseph Lieberman Against Nonbelievers. // Humanist;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p5
Deals with the public statement issued by the Coalition for the Community of Reason regarding United States (U.S.) Senator Joseph Lieberman's alleged discrimination against nonbelievers. Stance of the coalition on religious beliefs; Discrimination suffered by nonbelievers; Objective of the First...
- Buckleys for Lieberman. // National Review;9/2/1988, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p24
Presents a transcript of the press conference organized by the political group Buckleys for Lieberman held in Sharon, Connecticut on August 15, 1988. Political agenda of the group; Support for the political goals of Democratic legislator Joe Lieberman; Committees comprising the political group.
- New Advocacy Toolkit for the 111th Congress. Baish, Mary Alice // AALL Spectrum;May2009, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p7
The article offers updates on issues related to law libraries in the U.S. The American Association of Law Libraries' (AALL) Government Relations Office staff will work with members of Congress, agencies and the administration to promote information policy issues of importance to law libraries....