WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Protestants and Catholics in Germany. Dulles, Avery // America;1/24/1959, Vol. 100 Issue 16, p493
The author reflects on the religious divisions in Germany. He states that the Protestant groups that include those that belong to the Lutheran Church, members of the Unierte Church and small minority are normally called Evangelical. He pointed out that the most blatant religious split is not...
- Bridges across the divided. Heffern, Rich // National Catholic Reporter;12/15/2006, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p8a
The article assesses on the spiritual resources and practices of several religions in relation to Catholic. According to the author, the spiritual resources and practices of Catholics are showing up in Protestants, evangelical and Pentecostal churches. These practices include Lenten ashes,...
- The Blessed Evangelical Mary. George, Timothy // Christianity Today;Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p34
Discusses the reasons why Blessed Virgin Mary should not be ignored. Treatment of Mary by Protestants and Catholics; Role of Mary as told in the gospels; Discussion on belief in the virgin birth; Call for evangelicals to join with other Christians in celebrating the virgin Mary as theotokos. ...
- New Theses. // National Review;12/31/1997, Vol. 49 Issue 25, p17
The article discusses how the history of the West has been shaped by the religious, cultural and political consequences of the divide between Protestant and Catholicism. One of the issues regarding the future of Christianity is whether Evangelicals and Catholics will, in the next century,...
- Slavic Evangelicals in Mission within the Commonwealth of Independent States. Sawatsky, Walter // Transformation (02653788);Jul2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p195
Suggests that Evangelicals are possibly in a key position to help build bridges between dialogue partners in Eastern and Western Christianity. Russian Orthodoxy; History and state of relationships between Evangelicals on the one hand, and the Orthodox, Catholics and Protestant Christians on the...
- PILGRIMS ON THE SAWDUST TRAIL (Book). // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Nov2004, Issue 147, p61
Reviews the book "Pilgrims on the Sawdust Trail: Evangelical Ecumenism & the Quest for Christian Identity," edited by Timothy George.
- Pilgrims on the Sawdust Trail: Evangelical Ecumenism and the Quest for Christian Identity (Book). Westerlund, George // Library Journal;6/15/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p76
Reviews the book "Pilgrims on the Sawdust Trail: Evangelical Ecumenism and the Quest for Christian Identity," edited by Timothy George.
- The Future of Christianity in Latin America: Missiological Perspectives and Challenges. Padilla, C. Rene // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Jul99, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p105
Discusses the outlook of Christianity in Latin America. Effects of socioeconomic, political and technological changes on Christianity; Growth of evangelical churches; Status of the Roman Catholic Church and Protestantism; Challenges for the third Millennium.
- ENHANCINGHERMENEUTICAL ACCURACY FOR THE PREACHING OF OLD TESTAMENT NARRATIVES USING 2 SAMUEL 11-12 AS A CASE STUDY. WALTON, BENJAMIN H. // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2012, preceding p1
Many evangelical preachers lack the hermeneutical skills to discern the pericopal theology of Old Testament narratives. The result is that many preachers fail to deliver expository messages from such passages. This thesis-project makes the case that expository preaching is the only reliable way...