HUMOR ON THE CRUSTY SIDE
- THE UNHAPPY FATE OF OPTIONAL ORTHODOXY. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jan1997, Issue 69, p57
Presents views on the liberal orthodoxy in Christian churches. Difficulties encountered by optional orthodoxy; Proponents of liberal orthodoxy; Influence of Anglo-Catholicism on orthodox teaching.
- The Windsor Report: Two Observations on Its Ecumenical Content. Wright, J. Robert // Anglican Theological Review;Fall2005, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p629
The article comments on two international ecumenical dialogues of the Anglican Communion as treated in the Windsor Report. The authority of Scripture and that of the Pope are contrasted within the Report in a way that plays off the one against the other. There was no mention of the tolerable...
- The Cyprus Agreed Statement of the International Commission for Anglican - Orthodox Theological Dialogue. Dyer, Mark // Greek Orthodox Theological Review;Spring-Winter2006, Vol. 51 Issue 1-4, p211
The article presents the "Cyprus Agreed Statement of the International Commission for Anglican-Orthodox Theological Dialogue," the result of deliberations by the Commission on the issue of ecclesial diversity, formulated on June 2-8, 2005 at the Monastery of Kykkos in Cyprus. The document is the...
- Up from the underground. Widner, Thomas C. // America;10/23/1993, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the tensions between the Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church in Kiev, Ukraine. Lifting of ban on the Catholic Church; Determination of Ukrainian Greek Catholics to rebuild their faith; Historical background of hostilities between the two churches; Forced membership of Greek...
- THE CHURCH DIVIDES. Dickens, Mark; Baldwin, Carol // Calliope;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p34
The article discusses the conflict between the Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church.
- The Troubles of an Anglican Bishopric. Atteridge, A. Hilliard // America;2/2/1918, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p417
The article focuses on the impact of the Tractarian movement on the Church of England. Accordingly, the church was staggering under the shock of Newman's conversion and the abandonment of Anglicanism by a host of its most brilliant supporters and that there was a new crisis being provoked. The...
- A future for Anglican Catholic theology. Kevern, John R. // Anglican Theological Review;Spring94, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p246
Focuses on the doctrine of analogy in Anglican theology. David Tracy's `analogical imagination'; Feminism; Environment; Eroticism.
- I LEAVE THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH. Mano, D. Keith // National Review;7/20/1979, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p931
The article discusses the reasons for leaving the Episcopal Church to become a member of the Orthodox Church. It tells of the disagreement and misunderstandings with changes in doctrines and practices of the Episcopal Church, and some factors that convinced the author to become a member of the...
- Nigerian Anglicans want pro-gay churches out of Communion. Jacobs, Ethan // Bay Windows;7/6/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p16
The article reports on the statement issued by the Church of Nigeria opposing Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams' proposal to resolve disputes on social issues by having two tiers of churches. Williams proposes a core that supports orthodox church doctrine and a tier of associated churches...