COUNTING BY RACE
- The fate of racism. Herbert, Wray // U.S. News & World Report;9/18/95, Vol. 119 Issue 11, p93
Focuses on conservative social critic Dinesh D'Souza, author of a book called `The End of Racism.' His defense of rational discrimination and his contention that old-fashioned racism is a thing of the past; Reference to Glenn Loury's `One by One from the Inside Out,' Alan Keyes' `Masters of the...
- THE END OF RACISM. Eun Hi Lee // Women Artists News Book Review;Spring96, Vol. 21, p45
The article reviews the book "The End of Racism," by Dinesh D'Souza.
- The end of D'Souza? Shalit, Ruth // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov95, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p35
Reports on author Dinesh D'Souza's publication of the book entitled `The End of Racism.' Criticism of black intellectuals; Denouncement of book by author Glen Loury and free-enterprise activist Robert Woodson; Criticism of the American Enterprise Institute's promotion of D'Souza's book; Comment...
- The end of racism? Lemann, Nicholas // American Heritage;Feb/Mar96, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p93
Presents an interview with Dinesh D'Souza on his book `The End of Racism', referring to racism in the United States. Definition of racism; Segregation in the United States; D'Souza's perspective of the 1964 Civil Rights Act; Race relations in the United States; Premises of liberal race policy.
- Rethinking racism. Fox-Genovese, Elizabeth // World & I;Jan96, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p246
Opinion. Comments on the treatment of racism in the United States in the book `The End of Racism,' by Dinesh D'Souza. Review of racism's history in the book; Discussion of taboos about the topic by the author; Attacks on cultural relativism; D'Souza's defense on the virtues of Western civilization.
- Distorting the dilemma. Wortham, Anne // World & I;Jan96, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p253
Opinion. Discusses the confusion on the issue of racism in the United States caused by the book `The End of Racism,' by Dinesh D'Souza. Rejection of assumptions on racism by the author; D'Souza's criticism of Afro-Americans' inability to keep pace with other ethnic groups; Allegations that the...
- We don't need a debate on race. Marshall, Michael // World & I;Jan96, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p263
Presents an interview with National Center for Neighborhood Enterprise president Robert Woodson on the treatment of racism in the United States in the book `The End of Racism,' by Dinesh D'Souza. Comments on D'Souza's arguments in the book; Views on the effect of affirmative action programs on...
- The bigot's handbook. White, Jack E. // Time;10/2/1995, Vol. 146 Issue 14, p87
Opinion. Argues that Dinesh D'Souza, a 34-year-old Indian-born conservative is an ambitious immigrant who will say whatever it takes to attract attention, no matter if it is distorted or irresponsible. His latest manifesto, `The End of Racism'; Research fellow at the American Enterprise...
- REVIEW ESSAY: THE GREAT DEBATE. Shah, Amit // Multicultural Review;Mar96, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p30
Reviews several books about the future of the American society. "The Next American Nation: The New Nationalism and the Fourth American Revolution," by Michael Lind; "The End of Racism: Principles for a Multiracial Society," by Dinesh D'Souza; "Postethnic America: Beyond Multiculturalism," by...