WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- New treatment centre for the north. Petten, Cheryl // Raven's Eye;Nov2000, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p9
Reports the construction of Nechako Treatment Center to provide drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs for adults and youth in British Columbia. Integration of adult detox center, youth detox and women's treatment program; Increase of the capacity of the facilities; Improvement of the services.
- Demonstration of a mixed social/medical model detoxification program for homeless alcohol abusers. Lapham, Sandra C.; Hall, Marge // Contemporary Drug Problems;Summer96, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p331
Presents a description and evaluation of a mixed social/medical model detoxification facility in Albuquerque, New Mexico which was a part of a national research demonstration program for homeless urban alcoholics. Characteristics of mixed social/medical models; Safety of medication-free...
- Alcoholic exploited by rehab centre. // New Zealand Doctor;2/18/2015, p10
The article reports on the failure of a rehabilitation centre to provide service to a man engage in alcoholism.
- Judge Fakes Alcoholism, Finds Abuses at Center. Appleson, Gail // American Bar Association Journal;Dec81, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p1611
Details the findings of Judge James Stewart of California's Santa Clara County Municipal Court when he posed as convicted drug driver in a live-in alcoholic rehabilitation center in San Jose, California. Discovery of incidents of abuses and corruption inside the rehabilitation center;...
- Alcohol recovery house opened. // Advocate;10/24/73, Issue 123, p14
Reports on the opening of the Van Ness Recovery House, a recovery house exclusively for the gay community, in Los Angeles, California, in 1973. Range of service and program offerings for gay alcoholics and drug abusers; Key features and amenities; Implications on the gay community.
- Study backs referral to alcohol centres. // Pulse;9/17/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 36, p17
Reports on the study addressing the success of non-residential centers in treating alcohol misuse in Great Britain. I
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT. Hopkins, Graham // Community Care;6/13/2002, Issue 1426, p36
Focuses on Spotlight, a community-based drugs and alcohol treatment program in Hampshire, England. Purpose of the creation of Spotlight; Difference of Spotlight with other treatment centers; Activities of Spotlight members.
- Bill would create empty fund for Whiteclay. JENKINS, NATE // Native American Times;3/12/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on the approval of a bill that would establish a fund to help pay for an alcohol treatment center or intensified law enforcement near the Whiteclay reservation, by Nebraska legislators.
- Bishop Gene Robinson acknowledges alcoholism, enters rehab. // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/23/2006, Issue 948, p28
The article reports that bishop Gene Robinson, gay bishop at Episcopal Church, is undergoing rehabilitation for alcoholism in Concord, New Hampshire. According to Robinson, with the encouragement and support from his partner and daughter, he has checked into an alcohol center to deal with his...