WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Pests and Pesticides. Avery, Dennis T. // National Review;9/11/2000, Vol. 52 Issue 17, p18
The article discusses the issue over the report of journalist John Stossel about organic food in the television program 20/20. According to Stossel, ABC News tested organic and mainstream foods for bacteria to determine the health risk posed by eating these foods. Pathogen-laden animal manure...
- Must-see TV. Dougherty, Marianne; Diaz, Arnold // American Salon;May96, Vol. 119 Issue 5, pM4
Reports on American Broadcasting Co.'s `20/20' television show's segment called `The Secrets of Haircare.' Interviews of beauty professionals about haircare products to prove that the public is being duped by companies that rely on bogus claims; Hairdressers' ability to tell clients what...
- A buckwheat wannabe lands 20/20 on the griddle. // People;10/22/90, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p107
Discusses ABC's embarrassment over a segment of the October 5th `20/20' that featured Bill English, 56, as the actor who played Buckwheat on `Our Gang' comedies. The real Buckwheat, Bill Thomas, died in 1980.
- America's first televised exorcism raises questions about the devil--and the search for high ... Schneider, K.S.; Huzinec, M. // People;4/22/91, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p69
Covers the controversial episode of ABC's show, `20/20,' during which a Roman Catholic priest exorcises a demon from a Florida teenager. Before performing the exorcism, the priest and his colleagues spent six months interviewing the girl and reviewing psychiatric evaluations to see if her...
- QUICK TAKES. Broad, Julie // Electronic Media;05/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p9
Presents views from television stations on the change in the time slot of the television program '20/20' in the United States. Schedule from Friday to Wednesday; Loyalty of television viewers on the program; Impact of the change on television stations.
- The week: Friday. Fretts, Bruce // Entertainment Weekly;11/19/93, Issue 197, p78
Pesents an overview of major-channel programming for February 19, 1993. Barbara Walters interviews Barbara Streisand in `20/20.'
- TV reviews. Richmond, Ray // Variety;03/08/99, Vol. 374 Issue 3, p58
Reviews the television program `20/20: Monica Lewinsky,' airing March 3, 1999 on ABC.
- Seeing 20/20. // Variety;4/8/96, Vol. 362 Issue 10, p76
Previews the television program `20/20.' Ratings of various news programs.
- DDS fined for perjury. // NCAHF Newsletter (08903417);Nov/Dec94, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p4
Excerpts from an article published in the September 30, 1994 issue of the `Philadelphia Inquirer' newspaper on Owen J. Rogal, a Center City, Pa. dentist who fraudulently diagnosed jaw joint and muscle pain disorders in virtually all his patients. Investigation initiated by `20/20' television...