WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- On our changing family values. Scherer, Marge // Educational Leadership;Apr96, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p4
Interviews David Elkind about family values. Stress; Types of families; Historical forces that have shaped families; Pessimistic thinking about the world changed family values; Notions and sentiments; Criticisms against schools.
- CAN WE PLAY? Elkind, David // Greater Good;Spring2008, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses the importance of play in human development. According to David Elkind, a psychologist, play is essential to positive human development. It says that play is rapidly disappearing from homes, schools and neighborhoods. In addition, more than 30,000 schools in the U.S. have...
- Day Care Quality. // Education Digest;Jan1987, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p65
This article reports that the rate of turnover among day care workers and early childhood teachers in the United States has reached the point where many children are having new caregivers thrust upon them every few months, according to David Elkind, president of the National Association for the...
- Early Childhood Education. Lice, Terrence N. // Education Digest;Nov1988, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p66
This article informs that in the article "Special Report" in the May 1988 issue of the journal "Principal," researchers Lawerence J. Schweinhart, David Elkind, Lilian Katz, and others discussed several ideas and research on preschool through the early elementary grades.
- some misunderstandings of school readiness. Elkind, David // Exchange (19460406);Mar/Apr2008, Issue 180, p49
The article presents a reprint of the article "some misunderstandings of school readiness," by David Elkind, which appeared in the previous issue of "Exchange" magazine. It offers various insights about the definition of school readiness. It also explains that readiness is not in the head of the...
- What do you say to kids about war? Kuafman, Joanne // Redbook;Jan2002, Vol. 198 Issue 1, p102
Interviews child development expert David Elkind about ways through which mothers could help their children cope with the threat of terrorism.
- CAN THIS INSTITUTION SAVED? Stafford, Tim // Christianity Today;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p52
Discusses the value of Smart Marriages program in rebuilding marriage in the U.S. in the postmodern era. Principles advocated by Smart Marriages leaders; Goals of marriage education; Factors that contributed to the increase in divorce rates in the country; Reason of Smart Marriages for...
- Chapter 1: Introduction: Critical Educational Theory in Unsettling Times. Carlson, Dennis; Apple, Michael W. // Power/Knowledge/Pedagogy: The Meaning of Democratic Education in;1999, p1
An introduction to the book is presented in which the authors discuss the critical educational theory in unsettling times, the movement from modernism to postmodernism, and the different approaches as markers to both the developments and theories in education.
- The 'Miseducation' of Young Children. // Education Week;2/3/1988, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p24
An excerpt from the book "Miseducation: Preschoolers at Risk," by David Elkind is presented.