WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- RELIGION. // Texas Almanac;2010/2011, p569
The article focuses on the religion in Texas. It says that Blanco Canyon in south Floyd County is the probable site of the encampment of the Coronado Expedition in the late spring of 1541. It mentions the Glenmary Research Center, the only U.S. survey to report church membership at the state and...
- Urgent versus important, a big difference. Ban, Aaron // Granite City Press-Record;4/17/2013, Vol. 55 Issue 16, pA5
The author examines the difference between important and urgent, citing as example the utmost importance of loving God and one's neighbor but it is not urgent.
- Back to Basics. // America;10/21/2002, Vol. 187 Issue 12, p30
Reflects on love of God and neighbor. Discussion on the love of God; Interpretation of the command to love God.
- El campo religioso argentino hoy: creencia, autoadscripciÃ³n y prÃ¡ctica religiosa. Una aproximaciÃ³n a travÃ©s de datos agregados. Suárez, Ana Lourdes; Fidanza, Juan López // Revista Cultura y ReligiÃ³n;ene-jun2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p98
The article analyzes data collected through nation- wide samples. Our main data comes from the "Deuda Social" Program that the Catholic University in Argentina runs. The article first discusses the limitations of the quantitative methodological strategy, and the precautions that its use requires...
- THE CHURCH AND THE SURPRISING OFFENSE OF GOD'S LOVE. // Christianity Today;Feb2010, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p66
The article reviews the book "The Church and the Surprising Offense of God's Love: Reintroducing the Doctrines of Church Membership and Discipline," by Jonathan Leeman.
- Church-hugged. SLOAN, KAREN // Presbyterian Outlook;6/16/2014, Vol. 196 Issue 13, p31
The author presents a personal narrative of her experiences as a mother who felt the love and support of her Presbyterian community in dealing with the arrival of his son Daniel.
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Our Sunday Visitor;8/24/2014, Vol. 103 Issue 17, p3
A chart is presented that shows the results of a 2014 survey by think tank Pew Research Center on self-identified religious affiliations and whether they are acquainted with at least one member of other faiths.
- Of Many Things. Martin, James // America;1/17/2005, Vol. 192 Issue 2, p2
The article looks at the author's experience of neighbors. The Ashes were a kind of foundation for my family. Always attentive, always generous, always helpful. Like the best of neighbors, the Ashes, devout Presbyterians, pitched in whenever needed. When my father was diagnosed with cancer,...
- FULFILLING PEACE. // America;10/9/1943, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p16
The author reflects on the significant role played by the love of God and justice in achieving peace among nations. The author asserts that expressing love towards God and neighbor comprise the foundation of achieving efficient moral virtue of justice. The author also contends that prayer will...