WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- CHRONICLE. // America;3/21/1914, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p553
The article offers world news briefs. The evangelical organization has introduced the concept of converting to another faith or religion among Catholics in Austria. In Ontario, a an individual has applied for a retaining fee of $10,000 to look after the liquor dealers. A woman has slashed a...
- EDUCATION. O'C, M.J. // America;3/21/1914, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p574
The article comments on the proposal to establish a National University of the United States in Washington. Congressman Fess of Ohio introduced a bill asking for an initial appropriation of $500,000 to inaugurate the establishment of the school. Pros and cons to the proposal of creating the...
- Evangelical strength in Latin America is homegrown. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;8/25/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 37, p12
This article reports on the realignment of Christianity in Latin America. Nearly 40 percent of the world's Pentecostals live in Latin America and Evangelicals soared from 50,000 to 64 million. Pastoral failures or the inability to educate people in the faith of the Catholic church is the primary...
- Leaking Upwards. KNOX, RONALD // America;11/26/1927, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p159
The author discusses the increasing number of conversion by Catholics into Protestanism. He believes that one of the factors that increased the number of conversion is the increase in number of mixed marriage which he claims is a compromise of Protestants' refusal to get converted. Another...
- Conflicting Understandings of Christian Conversion: A Missiological Challenge. Peace, Richard V. // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Jan2004, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p8
Considers the way conversion is understood in different Christian traditions namely, evangelical, Pentecostal, mainline Protestant, Roman Catholic and Orthodox. Perspective of conversion within the evangelical world; Similarity between Pentecostal and evangelical conversions; Notion of...
- Return to Rome. // Catholic Answer;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p35
The article reviews the book "Return to Rome: Confessions of an Evangelical Catholic," by Francis J. Beckwith.
- ASK THE REBBETZIN. // Jewish Advocate;5/17/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 20, p10
The article provides an answer to a question related to future of marriage with her fiancÃ©e who has agreed to convert to Judaism.
- Who's calling? Mairs, Nancy // Christian Century;12/10/97, Vol. 114 Issue 35, p1167
Relates the author's experiences in her conversion to Catholicism. Participation in a theological seminary; Changes in the author's perception of God through the conversion; Importance of faith in religion.
- Dropout Catholics. // Our Sunday Visitor;9/22/2013, Vol. 102 Issue 21, p30
The article discusses several reasons of Catholics for leaving the Catholic Church and how to prevent them from leaving the Church.